Used 2006 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

First Acura, Awesome SUV
By johnny wishbone

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura and I'm thrilled with it to say the least. The MDX handles like a sports car and has the comfort of a luxury vehicle. The interior is well thought out and the XM radio is a big hit with the family. The navigation is excellent and easy to use. The voice recognition is excellent once you learn the proper commands. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a midsize SUV.

Favorite Features

Driving expierience, navigation, XM radio, voice recognition.

Best Mid Size SUV
By Josh

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this SUV. Best in Class! I test drove several competitors.They all were good. But for the price, value and for things that I was looking for in a Luxury SUVs the MDX was outstanding!!

Favorite Features

Third row seating, Nav System

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage. Get rid of the Zebra wood trim.

Even better than the 2003
By econ1

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had 78,000 miles of our 2003 MDX (which we loved - never any problems - still had the original tires, brakes, etc.) and didn't particularly like the looks of the 2007, so opted for a new one minus the DVD package, which we never used. It's an unexpected significant improvement over the 2003 -- it's more quiet, LOVE the Handsfreelink, and the NAVI systems works even faster than the one in the 2003 model. May have slightly more power, but the 2003 had plenty. Added a trailer hitch to this to tow PWCs. Have thoroughly enjoyed the XM radio as well. We've already put 5,000 miles on this one in 2 months.

Favorite Features

(1) Navigation system, (2) Bluetooth (HandsFreeLink), (3) standard XM radio, (4) quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

(1) Add caller ID to Bluetooth display; (2) illuminate steering wheel controls; my 95 Explorer even had those; (3) add automatic window switches to the other three positions (currently only the driver's window has this).

Best SUV ever
By Tony

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had many cars over my life time. I have enjoyed many brands as well. This time I traded my TSX for my MDX. Everyday I enjoy the MDX more and more. Funny thing... my 24 yr son wants to buy one as well. So it spans the generation. You will not be disappointed!

Favorite Features

Where do I begin, I love the color camera that goes on when I back up. XM radio, the NAV is the very BEST!, climate controls, power seats, ONSTAR, comfort, stability. All excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Move the emergency flasher button.

Best value for the money paid
By Kelayilg

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced 2000 3.5RL with a 2006 MDX. I purchased it from John Eagle Acura Houston TX. For a Black on Black Touring model I paid $33,400 (including destination) +title and $50Doc. fee. I am pretty happy with the price and the performance of this beautiful SUV. Kids love the roomy interior with 7 seats. I think this SUV is one of the best value for your money. Smooth car like ride and the sleet look make it one of the best SUVís out there. So far I am very happy with its performance.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Bose Speakers, in dash CD changer, sleet look, Excellant handling,7 seating.

Suggested Improvements

No sun glass holder?? Better gas mileage, little more leg room for the third row seat.