2006 Acura MDX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2006 MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Sort Reviews by

New Purchase
By Susan

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased my MDX, but am happy thus far. In Austin, I bought it for invoice plus $220 for molding, wood steering wheel, tint, moonroof visor and roof rack. Deals are occuring. Shop around.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the zebra wood.

The Ack
By The Ack

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a 1994 Acura Legend Coupe, this new addition to the family was no surprise of it's greatness. I have been exstremely pleased and the expectations continued to be met each time I start the MDX up.

Favorite Features

The Navigational System. Very user friendly and you will never get lost.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

My First SUV
By holly

I test drove all the SUV crossovers out there before deciding on the MDX. I love the width of the car. Much wider than a Chev. Tahoe and the like. It is a smooth ride and handles very well. I love navigation which is something that I wasn't even interested in in the beginning, but after I test drove one with navigation, my mind changed. Now I'm spoiled and will always have to have Navigation. After driving a Chrysler 300M for several years, I am surprised at many features that my Chrysler had that the Acura doesn't. Being a luxury car you would think it would have everything. See below under "suggested improvements". Other cars like the Lexus 330 had much softer/plusher seats too.

Favorite Features

DVD player, Navigation system, cargo room

Suggested Improvements

Remote start, radio/cruise controls need to be illuminated on steering wheel/column for night driving, doors can't be locked with the remote if one or more doors are open, needs automatic door locks when put into Drive, plusher seats and better heated seats, bad gas mileage

Great Vehicle!
By DCruz

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle that I even recommended my sister to buy one and she did. The only thing is that I should have gotten the DVD Entertainment System.

Favorite Features

Blue Tooth for Phone

Suggested Improvements

Have the DVD work on the screen on the dash.

Best bang for your buck
By Jaybird

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best luxury/options package for your money on the market. Great ride and handling. Intuitive control panel. Fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Navigation system with voice command. Interior layout. Acura dependability and service.

Suggested Improvements

Clock needs to be placed where the climate control readout is currently found. Gas mileage could be improved upon, but average for current SUV market.

2006 MDX
By 2XMDX

In upgrading from a 2003 MDX, it came down to getting an MDX 06' versus a competitor which I found not as powerful or fun to drive as the MDX. This was an upgrade since we did not have the Navigation feature which I highly recommend. The MDX is a joy to drive (suspension). I am very happy with the slight modifications that they have made to the interior layout (although the competitor's interior is much more plush). Obviously, being a repeat customer speaks for itself in the level of satisfaction.

Favorite Features

Navigation feature! Not only does it provide the Nav and rear display, but there is the voice recognition which I can adjust temperature and control the DVD's CD's with a voice commands, or "find nearest restaurant" and the like. I regret not having this feature before.

Suggested Improvements

Probably the last year for this body style before redesign so not really relevant. But here goes: HID directional headlights. Integrated factory auto-start as well as remotes integrated into the keys.

GOOD SO FAR!
By Tina

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I ONLY HAVE 50O MILES ON MY suv. but so far, I love the cozy interior, and the way most things are layed out. It drives quiet on the freeway and acceleration is adequate. great bluetooth, navigation, and black leather feels like quality leather.I Wish navigation was able to display what I am interested in seeing. but systems gives great verbal directions when looking for destination. Heated seats are ok, not as hot as the TL. Please re-design the front end of this rig. Please give us the choice of dark interior for any color choice we choose.Cargo space is super large, and wide, nice back seat room, seats move easily compared to other 3rd row seat SUVS.

Favorite Features

interior size, fold flat 3rd row seating.good height, ok gas mileage for a mid size SUV nice colors inside cabin (Forget the zebra wood)

Suggested Improvements

Auto sunroof open and closure (Come on, its 2006!)stereo on steering wheel should be illuminated.Navigation is impossible to look at in sunlight. Hatch should be able to be open inside the SUV, and it should have a automatic lift,Stereo controls are a bit bulky,sound needs more bass. Clock is hidden

Acura MDX
By Laura Petit

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2002 MDX, and traded it for a Toyota 4-Runner. Within 6 months I was trading the Toyota for another Acura MDX. I love this car, the ride, comfort and the look.

Favorite Features

The comfort, ride and all the features.

Suggested Improvements

Should have automatic door locks when the car is put in drive.

Ok so far
By Tina

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I needed the space so I traded my 04 TL- I am dissapointed in the lack of power, compared to the TL, however the layout is nice- I hate where the parking break is- its in the way of stretching out my left leg.Wish the stereo was better and illuminated, and placed higher on the steering column. Clock should be where heat display is. Wish the nav. creen was programable as to what is displayed.I like the look of it but would like to see the front end redesigned. Gas mileage is acceptable for such a roomy SUV. I wanted white with a black interior but, your stuck with the light colored interior WHY?? doesnt acura change the limited color choices? I hate the light interior- it gets too dirty

Favorite Features

Love the interior - except for the zebra wood color. Layout is nice! XM radio, blue tooth and navi work great.Love the roominess and flat 3rd row storage. Black interior rocks! Size is perfect not too big or small, Driving is quiet and smooth.seems firmly planted on the road.great windshield wiper

Suggested Improvements

more horsepower, Illuminated steering wheel functions,drop the plastic on the front grill its ugly, better stereo,Arm rest could be higher so i could truly rest my arms on it, and move the darn parking break out of my leg space. How about a DVD player up front for me? I dont sit in the back seat!

I LOVE MY MDX!
By Duane

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven the MDX when it first came out; however wasn't in a position to buy due to my enthusiasm with the TL. Coming from a Honda Odyssey, I found it necessary for me to continue to have the space for me and my children while expanding my versatility with it's all-wheel drive capability. Now my third Acura owned, the Acura MDX provides for me the luxury and performance I desire; the necessity of satisfying the soccer and vacation trips, and the comfort of owning a truly reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

I love the hands free link for the cell phone, the third row seat that hides into the floor, the roominess, performance, and appearance.

Suggested Improvements

I think that even though it's got a good rating for gas mileage; it can still improve. Have a power liftgate and give it the capability of opening the back window without opening the gate. Make all the windows automatic one touch power up/down.