2006 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
New Purchase
By Susan on 05/16/06 12:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased my MDX, but am happy thus far. In Austin, I bought it for invoice plus $220 for molding, wood steering wheel, tint, moonroof visor and roof rack. Deals are occuring. Shop around.

The Ack
By The Ack on 05/05/06 12:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a 1994 Acura Legend Coupe, this new addition to the family was no surprise of it's greatness. I have been exstremely pleased and the expectations continued to be met each time I start the MDX up.

My First SUV
By holly on 04/17/06 19:58 PM (PDT)

I test drove all the SUV crossovers out there before deciding on the MDX. I love the width of the car. Much wider than a Chev. Tahoe and the like. It is a smooth ride and handles very well. I love navigation which is something that I wasn't even interested in in the beginning, but after I test drove one with navigation, my mind changed. Now I'm spoiled and will always have to have Navigation. After driving a Chrysler 300M for several years, I am surprised at many features that my Chrysler had that the Acura doesn't. Being a luxury car you would think it would have everything. See below under "suggested improvements". Other cars like the Lexus 330 had much softer/plusher seats too.

Great Vehicle!
By DCruz on 04/01/06 23:48 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle that I even recommended my sister to buy one and she did. The only thing is that I should have gotten the DVD Entertainment System.

Best bang for your buck
By Jaybird on 03/30/06 12:08 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best luxury/options package for your money on the market. Great ride and handling. Intuitive control panel. Fun to drive.

2006 MDX
By 2XMDX on 03/26/06 06:33 AM (PST)

In upgrading from a 2003 MDX, it came down to getting an MDX 06' versus a competitor which I found not as powerful or fun to drive as the MDX. This was an upgrade since we did not have the Navigation feature which I highly recommend. The MDX is a joy to drive (suspension). I am very happy with the slight modifications that they have made to the interior layout (although the competitor's interior is much more plush). Obviously, being a repeat customer speaks for itself in the level of satisfaction.

GOOD SO FAR!
By Tina on 03/16/06 17:45 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I ONLY HAVE 50O MILES ON MY suv. but so far, I love the cozy interior, and the way most things are layed out. It drives quiet on the freeway and acceleration is adequate. great bluetooth, navigation, and black leather feels like quality leather.I Wish navigation was able to display what I am interested in seeing. but systems gives great verbal directions when looking for destination. Heated seats are ok, not as hot as the TL. Please re-design the front end of this rig. Please give us the choice of dark interior for any color choice we choose.Cargo space is super large, and wide, nice back seat room, seats move easily compared to other 3rd row seat SUVS.

Acura MDX
By Laura Petit on 03/16/06 07:20 AM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2002 MDX, and traded it for a Toyota 4-Runner. Within 6 months I was trading the Toyota for another Acura MDX. I love this car, the ride, comfort and the look.

Ok so far
By Tina on 03/10/06 20:04 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I needed the space so I traded my 04 TL- I am dissapointed in the lack of power, compared to the TL, however the layout is nice- I hate where the parking break is- its in the way of stretching out my left leg.Wish the stereo was better and illuminated, and placed higher on the steering column. Clock should be where heat display is. Wish the nav. creen was programable as to what is displayed.I like the look of it but would like to see the front end redesigned. Gas mileage is acceptable for such a roomy SUV. I wanted white with a black interior but, your stuck with the light colored interior WHY?? doesnt acura change the limited color choices? I hate the light interior- it gets too dirty

I LOVE MY MDX!
By Duane on 03/07/06 22:39 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven the MDX when it first came out; however wasn't in a position to buy due to my enthusiasm with the TL. Coming from a Honda Odyssey, I found it necessary for me to continue to have the space for me and my children while expanding my versatility with it's all-wheel drive capability. Now my third Acura owned, the Acura MDX provides for me the luxury and performance I desire; the necessity of satisfying the soccer and vacation trips, and the comfort of owning a truly reliable vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.