Used 2006 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Acura MDX: Delivers with Value
By R. Harris

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought a EOY 2006 and what a value. Loaded it came in under $38K and then added a GAMIN GPS 52 for $500.00 saving $7,000.00.

Favorite Features

Oct/Nov makes for great deals. The new 07 with new body type is great but for $14K more it's not worth it.

Suggested Improvements

Like everyone knows this car's beauty if from within. She's low key. Perfect for wives who don't need attention from thieves.

Best choice for third row seat 4wd SUV
By Marc

2006 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 3, soon to be 4 kids. But this is the secondary kid hauler to the minivan. The MDX is incredibly comfortable with just the right amount of refinement to be attractive but not overdone. All my kids are comfortable in the third row (tall 6 and 8 year olds) with moderate room behind 3rd row. Gas mileage has been 17 city and as good as 27 on the highway. Fold down seating is quick and easy. Stereo is good, not great. Runs fine on 87 or 93 octane.

Favorite Features

Fully packaged base model leaving only toys as options in the touring models makes this purchase easy. 3 rows of seats with split fold down 2nd and 3rd rows make this a great SUV for trips, Costco/bulky shopping or packing 6 passengers and a driver with very competetive SUV gas milage.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable driver's side 2nd row seat like the Pilot counterpart. Power liftgate. The '07 copycat exterior redesign with the unattractive zebrawood interior may kill this once great SUV.

another great Acura vehicle
By Acurafan

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy this Acura, the seating for 7 is great - can take my kids and their friends out in one vehicle. And can still park in my garage. I've owned 4 previous Acuras, so I'm loyal, but before buying this MDX I considered the competitors. The MDX was the better total package - great balance of sporty features with practicality, Also, it's the perfect size allowing for a useful 3rd row (kids).

Favorite Features

Lots of room. Nav is fantastic. Works great - easy to use. Rear camera is of more value than I thought it would be. Makes backing into parking spots allot easier. Sporty looks hides its large size. Power is very good and engine has a slight rumble to it under acceleration - FUN

Suggested Improvements

I wish the rear window rolled down. Would like to see wider, sportier tires/rims. (I could do this myself).

Great Vehicle for Shopping & Road Trips
By L Tunner

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second MDX I've owned, and I love MDXs. Perfect for our active lifestyle..my aunts and cousins call it our touring/shopping/eating machine. Navigation system is great for road trips and seeking out new sites. Comfortably accomodates 5 shopping queens. Large cargo area has carried everything from 5 large dogs..club chairs..bags of mulch..lots of shopping bags. Performance, reliability and safety features are excellent.

Favorite Features

Nav system, heated seats, rearview camera, bluetooth phone, XM radio,flat folding 3-row seat, numerous and well placed cup-holders and lots of cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Heated and air cooled seats and a little more cushion/contour in rear seats.

Great Car!
By Diana S. Rumsey

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Being that The Acura is my very first new car purchase, I did a great deal of research and comparisons. I am extremely pleased with my decision! The Acura MDX smooth & quiet to drive & holds curves well. The interior is comfortable & very adaptable. Both my husband and myself are physically handicapped and find the car to be a perfect fit for our needs.

Favorite Features

XMSatalite Radio & Bose speakers! Bright headlights. Very comfortable back seats & leg room. WONDERFUL cargo space! Tilt reverse mirror. Spacious window designs. Love the Michlin tires!

Suggested Improvements

Better leg room for long-legged drivers (seat does not go back far enough) Becareful of blind spots in new models (Not a problem in the MDX) I like the faux wood but NOT "Zebra" tone. Make space tire easier to access.