Used 2006 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

LOVE my MDX
By jennifer

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I am consistently getting between 18-20 MPG, which is great for a 7 passenger vehicle. Quality of finish is great. Has everything I would ever want in a car. Navigation easy to maneuver. Heated seats work well. XM and Bluetooth both work well also. My 6' teenage son is a little cramped in the back seat--mostly because he slouches. Wish there was sunglasses holder, but center console works fine. Automatic closing hatch would have been a nice feature, but all in all, this is the best car I've owned. I have been looking around for something with same features and 25 mpg in the city... can't find anything that compares!!!

Heated seats, steering controls.

Make rear air controls automatic, not turned on by driver.

Great Ride
By Realtor

2006 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The fuel economy is really not bad when compared with other SUVs. I average 19 mpg (more city than hwy). The ride is smooth and quiet. I am a realtor and my clients always comment on how comfortable this vehicle is. I enjoy the ride myself and only regret that I did not upgrade to the touring. The base stereo is really lacking and no passenger power seat is embarrasing in a vehicle of this caliber.

Reliability. Comfort, ride, handling, power, xm-radio.

More standard equipment in the base package (this is an Acura, not a Honda). Fuel economy can always be better.

Poor Fuel economy
By Acura MDX

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is barely breaking 13 MPG that's combined city/hwy. Called Customer Service to see if they can do anything about it because the dealer couldn't. The worst customer service ever, they said "There is no issue for us to address". WOW! That's after they put me on hold for 40 minutes.

Smooth ride, navigation

Gas economy and customer service

Black Touring Navi and Entertainment
By laxdad

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First off we do love this vehicle and except for a chronic rear door sticking issue, this SUV has been a great vehicle, drives more like a car than a truck, plenty of power and comfortable, family loves XM radio and navigation is huge help when traveling. We got the running boards, pinstripe and rear deflector which really helps dress the look up. Gas mileage is as usual disappointing but expected. We avg 15 around town and just over 20 on the road.

XM Radio, navigation, ride and handling.

It would be nice if there was more room behind 3rd row of seats, hybrid model??

Love my MDX!
By maryindublin

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I live in the mountains, lots of driving uphill and lots of snow in winter. Never had any problems in the snow with the AWD. I feel safe and confident. The front seats are very comfy, but the back seats could use a bit more room. I have a 3 year old in a booster seat in the back and he doesn't have all that much leg room. Still, I wouldn't trade it for anything and plan to drive it till it won't drive any more!

Love the heated seats in winter. The trip computer is a nice feature, and I really like the thing that tells me how many miles I have left on that tank of gas. My son loves the DVD player, very handy for long trips. The bluetooth is nice, and the programmable garage door opener is handy.

More room between front and second row seats would be nice. Of course, with gas prices like these, it would be most excellent to have much better gas mileage, but none of the SUVs really have great MPG. Maybe a hybrid would be in order?