2006 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
First Acura, Awesome SUV
By johnny wishbone on 10/07/06 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura and I'm thrilled with it to say the least. The MDX handles like a sports car and has the comfort of a luxury vehicle. The interior is well thought out and the XM radio is a big hit with the family. The navigation is excellent and easy to use. The voice recognition is excellent once you learn the proper commands. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a midsize SUV.

Best Mid Size SUV
By Josh on 10/01/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this SUV. Best in Class! I test drove several competitors.They all were good. But for the price, value and for things that I was looking for in a Luxury SUVs the MDX was outstanding!!

Even better than the 2003
By econ1 on 09/23/06 18:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had 78,000 miles of our 2003 MDX (which we loved - never any problems - still had the original tires, brakes, etc.) and didn't particularly like the looks of the 2007, so opted for a new one minus the DVD package, which we never used. It's an unexpected significant improvement over the 2003 -- it's more quiet, LOVE the Handsfreelink, and the NAVI systems works even faster than the one in the 2003 model. May have slightly more power, but the 2003 had plenty. Added a trailer hitch to this to tow PWCs. Have thoroughly enjoyed the XM radio as well. We've already put 5,000 miles on this one in 2 months.

Best SUV ever
By Tony on 09/01/06 13:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had many cars over my life time. I have enjoyed many brands as well. This time I traded my TSX for my MDX. Everyday I enjoy the MDX more and more. Funny thing... my 24 yr son wants to buy one as well. So it spans the generation. You will not be disappointed!

Best value for the money paid
By Kelayilg on 08/21/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced 2000 3.5RL with a 2006 MDX. I purchased it from John Eagle Acura Houston TX. For a Black on Black Touring model I paid $33,400 (including destination) +title and $50Doc. fee. I am pretty happy with the price and the performance of this beautiful SUV. Kids love the roomy interior with 7 seats. I think this SUV is one of the best value for your money. Smooth car like ride and the sleet look make it one of the best SUVís out there. So far I am very happy with its performance.

Very Pleased With This
By Bill on 08/18/06 08:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really wanted a TSX, but with the kids and boat, etc. that became impossible. I test drove this vehicle and could not believe it was an SUV. It handles (no kidding here) almost as good as my Audi A6 (don't laugh . . . really!) Very comfortable. Don't bother with the DVD package .. . you can buy each kid their own for a lot less. NAV however is well worth it. Surprisingly good voice recognition. Plenty of power (surprised here also. Bose system okay . . . Definitely get the Acuralink for Ipod . . . works GREAT. Some things don't make sense however, no lighted controls on steering, placement of clock . . . but next version expected to be better. A solid purchase.

I Love This Truck!
By LovemyMDX on 08/09/06 04:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I saw this truck on the highway when it first came out and had to know what it was. I loved the look. Then I did research and found it was one of the safest SUV's with it's wide wheel base. When my husband and I went to test drive it I didn't. I just knew I loved it. So when I picked it up after ordering the color I wanted I enjoyed it more than ever. I just love driving this Truck. My 3 vehicles before were a 77' Camaro, 84 Trans Am, and a 93' Camry. It has great room for the kids and vacations. Plus it's very easy to clean.

Unbreakable!
By Tracer on 08/01/06 15:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a great drive, for a 'large' (it really is large, once you see it next to a CRV or something) SUV. Fuel-wise, we've been getting better milage on the highway than Acura states, in the city it likes to drink a bit. Car's a little on the slow side (compared to our other vehicle, the 2005 Acura RL) but it's very heavy of course. The car has never had problems, nothing ever breaks (unlike our previous Lexus, on which EVERYTHING broke within a year) and it just keeps going and going, especially considering my lead foot.

Dream come true in 4 wheels
By awesome car/price on 07/24/06 20:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle at ryan's open road acura in New Bruinswick, NJ. the sales person Mark Gershmann was tremendously helpful and did the best he could to make the shopping experience a one of a kind. i bought the silver with black interior with navigation for $36,602 which included the $615 destination fee.(they threw in the splash guards for free) it was an awesome deal i couldnt refuse. the car dealer's instaquote system is great! The best price paid for the car.

Great SUV
By Jim on 07/24/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second MDX, and I think it is the best car out there.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.