2006 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Les' MDX
By Leslie Mays on 01/13/07 04:27 AM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving experience with my 2006 MDX is hands down "all stares". I drive for a living, so at the time of searching for a new car I became very selective about the vehicle I wanted to purchase, I had a few in mind but, when I ran across the MDX on the highway I fell in love with the looks at first, then when I visited the dealer and saw what it had to offer, I was taken. All my friends love my MDX and for me the joy of knowing where I go the MDX will be there by my side.

AZ Acura MDX Owner's Comments
By Danno on 12/12/06 16:11 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling pleasure to drive vehicle. OK mileage. Quiet, solid, spacious. Always wanted one, now I have one. Like the way the vehicle is appointed with leather seats, and wood trim. Fold down seats help and 3rd row conceals nicley. Safe, luxurious, sporty, good HP, performs well on and off road (within reason... not a rock crawler). Glad I bought it.

Outstanding!! by FOB
By Outstanding!! by FOB on 12/09/06 06:41 AM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I decided to buy a mid-size SUV I settled on test driving the RX 350, X5 and MDX. I have owned the MDX for two months now and couldn't be happier with my choice --- performance, interior quality, and comfort are oustanding... all this for $7K less than the closest competitor.

This car certainly has room to improve
By klin on 11/17/06 14:09 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ease of driving and handling was what attracted to purchase this vehicle. On May of this year, I bought a new Toyota 4runner 2006 before I purchased the MDX. In my opinion, 4runner is a better built vehicle overall. The interior of the MDX is slightly cheaper, and I found the cover of the door knob actually moves a little bit instead of fix to the door, a small but annoying defect, and the interior looks cheaper comparing with Toyota. The back door of MDX can not close completely without slamming it. What a pain... If you just try to be a little bit gentle on the car, then the door won't close properly. In comparison, The 4runner has automatic door closer, and quality is awesome.

recommend it!
By AC and AS-C on 11/10/06 13:26 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent, we are very happy with our MDX. We are impressed with the quality of the car. Well built.

Acura MDX: Delivers with Value
By R. Harris on 10/23/06 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought a EOY 2006 and what a value. Loaded it came in under $38K and then added a GAMIN GPS 52 for $500.00 saving $7,000.00.

Best choice for third row seat 4wd SUV
By Marc on 10/17/06 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 3, soon to be 4 kids. But this is the secondary kid hauler to the minivan. The MDX is incredibly comfortable with just the right amount of refinement to be attractive but not overdone. All my kids are comfortable in the third row (tall 6 and 8 year olds) with moderate room behind 3rd row. Gas mileage has been 17 city and as good as 27 on the highway. Fold down seating is quick and easy. Stereo is good, not great. Runs fine on 87 or 93 octane.

another great Acura vehicle
By Acurafan on 10/16/06 05:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy this Acura, the seating for 7 is great - can take my kids and their friends out in one vehicle. And can still park in my garage. I've owned 4 previous Acuras, so I'm loyal, but before buying this MDX I considered the competitors. The MDX was the better total package - great balance of sporty features with practicality, Also, it's the perfect size allowing for a useful 3rd row (kids).

Great Vehicle for Shopping & Road Trips
By L Tunner on 10/14/06 18:16 PM (PDT)

This is the second MDX I've owned, and I love MDXs. Perfect for our active lifestyle..my aunts and cousins call it our touring/shopping/eating machine. Navigation system is great for road trips and seeking out new sites. Comfortably accomodates 5 shopping queens. Large cargo area has carried everything from 5 large dogs..club chairs..bags of mulch..lots of shopping bags. Performance, reliability and safety features are excellent.

Great Car!
By Diana S. Rumsey on 10/07/06 16:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Being that The Acura is my very first new car purchase, I did a great deal of research and comparisons. I am extremely pleased with my decision! The Acura MDX smooth & quiet to drive & holds curves well. The interior is comfortable & very adaptable. Both my husband and myself are physically handicapped and find the car to be a perfect fit for our needs.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.