Used 2006 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

so nice
By toomanypetz

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We replaced our Honda Pilot with this car. I really liked my Pilot but to get all these features it would cost so much more. The Acura has a smooth quiet ride and plenty of room. I feel very luxurious with all the leather and comfort. It makes me feel less like a "soccer mom". We love it!

Favorite Features

It's hard to choose my favorite features. I love the back up camera and I am surprised how helpful it is in a busy city parking lot. I also love the xm with the bose stereo speakers, who wouldn't?

Suggested Improvements

I haven't had it long enough to make any suggestions. I am assuming the new model has ipod goodies. My blue tooth is a little touchy.

So far, so good!
By TR

I just bought my MDX after owning an Yukon & Odyssey. I loved, loved, loved my Yukon, but the MDX is neck and neck. I certainly have more options with the MDX and paid a lot less. It's the perfect size for me to haul my 3 pre-teens and their friends around in. I don't give anything a 10 rating, so consider my 9 your 10. Would highly recommend it. The back lift gate is light enough to close. No need for a power lift gate.

Favorite Features

Rear camera, navi, RES, cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Sunglass storage in roof top, better quality remotes, a little more storage space in the front and bigger door pockets.

Still Love My Acura!!
By pearl

I still love my Acura after 2 years of ownership! This is my 2nd car made by Honda and my other was an Accord and I have been very happy with both. The Acura is like a Honda on steroids! Love the back up TV, navigation, onstar, Bluetooth, heated seats, and my kids love the DVD. I would definitely consider another Acura in the future!

Favorite Features

My favorite features are navigation, bluetooth, heated leather seats, onstar, 3rd row seat that folds flat, and mud mats are a must with kids!

Suggested Improvements

So far none!

Zacura
By LZ

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In 18 months of driving the MDX, not a single item has needed repair - we had a leaking tire once, but the dealer removed the nail, patched the tire, and didn't even charge me (and we only knew of the condition because of the dashboard warning light). Great ride, sporty handling, good acceleration off the line, does everything right.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, OnStar, split fold down seats, great ride & handling, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Sensitivity adjustment for auto headlights (would like them to come on sooner), seat-warmers could be hotter.

LOVE my MDX
By jennifer

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I am consistently getting between 18-20 MPG, which is great for a 7 passenger vehicle. Quality of finish is great. Has everything I would ever want in a car. Navigation easy to maneuver. Heated seats work well. XM and Bluetooth both work well also. My 6' teenage son is a little cramped in the back seat--mostly because he slouches. Wish there was sunglasses holder, but center console works fine. Automatic closing hatch would have been a nice feature, but all in all, this is the best car I've owned. I have been looking around for something with same features and 25 mpg in the city... can't find anything that compares!!!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, steering controls.

Suggested Improvements

Make rear air controls automatic, not turned on by driver.