Used 2006 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Not True Luxury
By enlightenedacuraguy

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is overrated, not true luxury. No backlighting on the steering wheel buttons so you can't see what you're pushing in the dark, not even an option. A/C controls are in an uncomfortable place, and rear controls have to be reset every time you restart engine. Battery died 4 months after brand new. No back heater in passenger seat, not even an option. Power seats are far inferior to the seats in my '03 Tahoe. There is no 12v outlet for second row passengers, except the one in the bottom of the center console, very inconvenient. No power folding mirrors. It is very uncomfortable to drive long distances for a male, 5'10", arms fall asleep after about 1 hour, and not enough leg room.

Favorite Features

Strong engine. Good looking exterior. Nice gauge cluster.

Suggested Improvements

Put a light bulb behind a steering wheel button, and run a seat heater for the passenger back.

Too noisy, never an Acura again
By Rr

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Typical Honda noise. Cannot have conversation at highway speeds. Engine whistling noise during highway speeds while accelerating. Brake drum rolling noise while backing up and during braking at low speeds. Terrible Bluetooth integration. Only good for incoming calls. Backup camera never good when needed most, too dim and is not useful when backing out from garage.

Favorite Features

Good lighting even without xenon. Remote linked memory seats.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce noise.

Great Vehicle for Shopping & Road Trips
By L Tunner

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second MDX I've owned, and I love MDXs. Perfect for our active lifestyle..my aunts and cousins call it our touring/shopping/eating machine. Navigation system is great for road trips and seeking out new sites. Comfortably accomodates 5 shopping queens. Large cargo area has carried everything from 5 large dogs..club chairs..bags of mulch..lots of shopping bags. Performance, reliability and safety features are excellent.

Favorite Features

Nav system, heated seats, rearview camera, bluetooth phone, XM radio,flat folding 3-row seat, numerous and well placed cup-holders and lots of cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Heated and air cooled seats and a little more cushion/contour in rear seats.

Buy another brand
By The Foxer

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned a 2001, and 2003 MDX. Both have the same problem. The steering wheel vibrates at any speed above 65. Tires replaced, wheel bearings replaced, rotors replaced and turned several times, tires ground force balanced and nothing fixes the problem. AC quit and multiple other problems.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Work on driveability and reliability

My First SUV
By holly

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove all the SUV crossovers out there before deciding on the MDX. I love the width of the car. Much wider than a Chev. Tahoe and the like. It is a smooth ride and handles very well. I love navigation which is something that I wasn't even interested in in the beginning, but after I test drove one with navigation, my mind changed. Now I'm spoiled and will always have to have Navigation. After driving a Chrysler 300M for several years, I am surprised at many features that my Chrysler had that the Acura doesn't. Being a luxury car you would think it would have everything. See below under "suggested improvements". Other cars like the Lexus 330 had much softer/plusher seats too.

Favorite Features

DVD player, Navigation system, cargo room

Suggested Improvements

Remote start, radio/cruise controls need to be illuminated on steering wheel/column for night driving, doors can't be locked with the remote if one or more doors are open, needs automatic door locks when put into Drive, plusher seats and better heated seats, bad gas mileage