2006 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great work horse
By Bill's ToyTruck on 05/01/10 09:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought certified last year-had only 26k on it, due to some "shop time" having door and fender repainted and repaired. Use it as a music gear and trailer hauler, as well as my sole transportation. Great fuel economy (I average 19-20 mpg), even when hauling our 3,000 lb. Hi-Lo trailer. Also very solid build-no rattles. I put the transmission and power steering coolers on when I did the hitch, as Acura advises this. Also added a brake controller for the trailer. Put 9,000 miles on it and it's been great. Looked at new recently, but nothing hit me except the 2010 MDX at 45k. Can't justify banging up a new car that costs that much.

Noise between 35 and 40 mph
By blondie21dj on 03/21/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am having a shuddering noise between 35 and 40 mph. It is usually when I lift my foot off the gas pedal and then go to accelerate. I took it to the dealership and they couldn't figure out what was wrong and I couldn't get the noise to duplicate. After reading several reviews on here, I figured out that it was the torque converter. I called Acura Client Services and reported the issue. They said they have not had a single person report this issue. Everyone needs to call and report this issue, so they can place a recall on this issue. They have recalls on 2005 and earlier but not 2006 as of yet. It appears to occur between 70k and 90k miles.

Transmission issue
By blondie on 02/24/10 15:41 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my vehicle in the end of 2007. I have loved my vehicle to date. Recently I started experiencing a shaking, shuddering when I let off the gas and then go to accelerate again. It appears to happen at about 40 mph. I have found out that it means I am going to have to have the torque and transmission replaced. Apparently this is common on the 2006 and earlier MDX. I am not at all happy and am now looking for a new vehicle, since this is a $7000 repair and I have no warranty. Apparently there is a recall on vehicles 2005 and earlier for the converter torque. Very disappointed since I bought this vehicle to keep long term.

Great Ride
By Realtor on 05/07/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The fuel economy is really not bad when compared with other SUVs. I average 19 mpg (more city than hwy). The ride is smooth and quiet. I am a realtor and my clients always comment on how comfortable this vehicle is. I enjoy the ride myself and only regret that I did not upgrade to the touring. The base stereo is really lacking and no passenger power seat is embarrasing in a vehicle of this caliber.

Les' MDX
By Leslie Mays on 01/13/07 04:27 AM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving experience with my 2006 MDX is hands down "all stares". I drive for a living, so at the time of searching for a new car I became very selective about the vehicle I wanted to purchase, I had a few in mind but, when I ran across the MDX on the highway I fell in love with the looks at first, then when I visited the dealer and saw what it had to offer, I was taken. All my friends love my MDX and for me the joy of knowing where I go the MDX will be there by my side.

AZ Acura MDX Owner's Comments
By Danno on 12/12/06 16:11 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling pleasure to drive vehicle. OK mileage. Quiet, solid, spacious. Always wanted one, now I have one. Like the way the vehicle is appointed with leather seats, and wood trim. Fold down seats help and 3rd row conceals nicley. Safe, luxurious, sporty, good HP, performs well on and off road (within reason... not a rock crawler). Glad I bought it.

This car certainly has room to improve
By klin on 11/17/06 14:09 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ease of driving and handling was what attracted to purchase this vehicle. On May of this year, I bought a new Toyota 4runner 2006 before I purchased the MDX. In my opinion, 4runner is a better built vehicle overall. The interior of the MDX is slightly cheaper, and I found the cover of the door knob actually moves a little bit instead of fix to the door, a small but annoying defect, and the interior looks cheaper comparing with Toyota. The back door of MDX can not close completely without slamming it. What a pain... If you just try to be a little bit gentle on the car, then the door won't close properly. In comparison, The 4runner has automatic door closer, and quality is awesome.

Best choice for third row seat 4wd SUV
By Marc on 10/17/06 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 3, soon to be 4 kids. But this is the secondary kid hauler to the minivan. The MDX is incredibly comfortable with just the right amount of refinement to be attractive but not overdone. All my kids are comfortable in the third row (tall 6 and 8 year olds) with moderate room behind 3rd row. Gas mileage has been 17 city and as good as 27 on the highway. Fold down seating is quick and easy. Stereo is good, not great. Runs fine on 87 or 93 octane.

I Love This Truck!
By LovemyMDX on 08/09/06 04:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I saw this truck on the highway when it first came out and had to know what it was. I loved the look. Then I did research and found it was one of the safest SUV's with it's wide wheel base. When my husband and I went to test drive it I didn't. I just knew I loved it. So when I picked it up after ordering the color I wanted I enjoyed it more than ever. I just love driving this Truck. My 3 vehicles before were a 77' Camaro, 84 Trans Am, and a 93' Camry. It has great room for the kids and vacations. Plus it's very easy to clean.

Great SUV
By Jim on 07/24/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second MDX, and I think it is the best car out there.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.