Used 2006 Acura MDX Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

never again!!!
By mumbless89

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

comfortable car and roomy but the problems that you get with this $40k car are unreal. Torque converters, transmissions, water leaks, cheap broken plastics, leather seats ripped after 4 years......gaskets around the doors are torn already!! unreal. Never again will i buy another acura product.

Not True Luxury
By enlightenedacuraguy

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is overrated, not true luxury. No backlighting on the steering wheel buttons so you can't see what you're pushing in the dark, not even an option. A/C controls are in an uncomfortable place, and rear controls have to be reset every time you restart engine. Battery died 4 months after brand new. No back heater in passenger seat, not even an option. Power seats are far inferior to the seats in my '03 Tahoe. There is no 12v outlet for second row passengers, except the one in the bottom of the center console, very inconvenient. No power folding mirrors. It is very uncomfortable to drive long distances for a male, 5'10", arms fall asleep after about 1 hour, and not enough leg room.

Favorite Features

Strong engine. Good looking exterior. Nice gauge cluster.

Suggested Improvements

Put a light bulb behind a steering wheel button, and run a seat heater for the passenger back.

Outstanding!! by FOB
By Outstanding!! by FOB

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I decided to buy a mid-size SUV I settled on test driving the RX 350, X5 and MDX. I have owned the MDX for two months now and couldn't be happier with my choice --- performance, interior quality, and comfort are oustanding... all this for $7K less than the closest competitor.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth phone, bose soundsystem, interior bike rack.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage -- 20 mpg on the highway.

Great Car!
By Diana S. Rumsey

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Being that The Acura is my very first new car purchase, I did a great deal of research and comparisons. I am extremely pleased with my decision! The Acura MDX smooth & quiet to drive & holds curves well. The interior is comfortable & very adaptable. Both my husband and myself are physically handicapped and find the car to be a perfect fit for our needs.

Favorite Features

XMSatalite Radio & Bose speakers! Bright headlights. Very comfortable back seats & leg room. WONDERFUL cargo space! Tilt reverse mirror. Spacious window designs. Love the Michlin tires!

Suggested Improvements

Better leg room for long-legged drivers (seat does not go back far enough) Becareful of blind spots in new models (Not a problem in the MDX) I like the faux wood but NOT "Zebra" tone. Make space tire easier to access.

Best value for the money paid
By Kelayilg

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced 2000 3.5RL with a 2006 MDX. I purchased it from John Eagle Acura Houston TX. For a Black on Black Touring model I paid $33,400 (including destination) +title and $50Doc. fee. I am pretty happy with the price and the performance of this beautiful SUV. Kids love the roomy interior with 7 seats. I think this SUV is one of the best value for your money. Smooth car like ride and the sleet look make it one of the best SUVís out there. So far I am very happy with its performance.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Bose Speakers, in dash CD changer, sleet look, Excellant handling,7 seating.

Suggested Improvements

No sun glass holder?? Better gas mileage, little more leg room for the third row seat.