2006 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
never again!!!
By mumbless89 on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

comfortable car and roomy but the problems that you get with this $40k car are unreal. Torque converters, transmissions, water leaks, cheap broken plastics, leather seats ripped after 4 years......gaskets around the doors are torn already!! unreal. Never again will i buy another acura product.

Not True Luxury
By enlightenedacuraguy on 07/19/07 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is overrated, not true luxury. No backlighting on the steering wheel buttons so you can't see what you're pushing in the dark, not even an option. A/C controls are in an uncomfortable place, and rear controls have to be reset every time you restart engine. Battery died 4 months after brand new. No back heater in passenger seat, not even an option. Power seats are far inferior to the seats in my '03 Tahoe. There is no 12v outlet for second row passengers, except the one in the bottom of the center console, very inconvenient. No power folding mirrors. It is very uncomfortable to drive long distances for a male, 5'10", arms fall asleep after about 1 hour, and not enough leg room.

Outstanding!! by FOB
By Outstanding!! by FOB on 12/09/06 06:41 AM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I decided to buy a mid-size SUV I settled on test driving the RX 350, X5 and MDX. I have owned the MDX for two months now and couldn't be happier with my choice --- performance, interior quality, and comfort are oustanding... all this for $7K less than the closest competitor.

Great Car!
By Diana S. Rumsey on 10/07/06 16:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Being that The Acura is my very first new car purchase, I did a great deal of research and comparisons. I am extremely pleased with my decision! The Acura MDX smooth & quiet to drive & holds curves well. The interior is comfortable & very adaptable. Both my husband and myself are physically handicapped and find the car to be a perfect fit for our needs.

Best value for the money paid
By Kelayilg on 08/21/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced 2000 3.5RL with a 2006 MDX. I purchased it from John Eagle Acura Houston TX. For a Black on Black Touring model I paid $33,400 (including destination) +title and $50Doc. fee. I am pretty happy with the price and the performance of this beautiful SUV. Kids love the roomy interior with 7 seats. I think this SUV is one of the best value for your money. Smooth car like ride and the sleet look make it one of the best SUV’s out there. So far I am very happy with its performance.

MDX Rocks
By Brad on 07/03/06 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our new MDX. Fun to drive, extremly comfortable, and as reliable as any SUV on the market. Engine is very impressive.

Great Vehicle!
By DCruz on 04/01/06 23:48 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle that I even recommended my sister to buy one and she did. The only thing is that I should have gotten the DVD Entertainment System.

I LOVE MY MDX!
By Duane on 03/07/06 22:39 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven the MDX when it first came out; however wasn't in a position to buy due to my enthusiasm with the TL. Coming from a Honda Odyssey, I found it necessary for me to continue to have the space for me and my children while expanding my versatility with it's all-wheel drive capability. Now my third Acura owned, the Acura MDX provides for me the luxury and performance I desire; the necessity of satisfying the soccer and vacation trips, and the comfort of owning a truly reliable vehicle.

Great Vehicle, needs updating
By espoe on 03/02/06 19:46 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and I went into one kicking and screaming. But the need for a 3rd row of seats put me out of my long cherished German cars. I compared this Nissan's entire line, Ford Freestyle, Pacifica, Higlander Hybrid, you name it. I had narrowed it down to the MDX and the Highlander Hybrid. Highlander was nice but felt less substantial and a lot more plasticky. When I drove the MDX it was clearly different than the rest. The quality just made itself evident in the way the dealer handled the transaction, the silky smooth drive train, quiet, comfortable, full time 4wd, warranty and the rest of the ride made it a simple choice. Fuel economy is Ok. Needs Premium, ouch!!

Typical Acura Quality
By carolinaeagle on 03/01/06 19:38 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

3rd Acura owned - and there is just something about the fit/finish to an Acura that stands out. Love the performance and handling of the MDX - drives better than a lot of sedans. Interior design/layout is perfect. Love the quality that you see everywhere. Sage brush pearl is an awesome color.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.