What a car!!
By Brandi on
2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
After test-driving 15+ different SUV's, the Acura won out. We seriously looked at the Lexus but with only 5 seats, it wasn't large enough for the option of my children's friends accompanying us anywhere. The navigation system is awesome, and a lot of fun to use. The reverse camera is very useful, although you can be fooled with the scale of it (everything looks far away). You can get spoiled with the automatic wipers, speeding up/slowing down as needed. Very useful for city driving. The Bose sound system is awesome. The entertainment system displays the XM songs and artists on the screen, which the children have been having a lot of fun with. I can't gush enough - I love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!
Favorite Features
The Navigation system by far! My sister- in-law is coming for a visit while my husband and I go away for an extended weekend. I have been adding in addresses of all of the fun places to go around here. All she has to do is get into the car, pull it up and the car will give her directions. Very cool!!
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is not great. Also takes premium gas. The voice recognition doesn't always hear correctly and you have to make sure & pronounce carefully. Former comments (for the '04) suggested gas-sloshing noise. I have not had any problems with that, nor with the brakes (another comment for '04).