2005 Acura MDX Consumer Review: TRANSMISSION

2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

By brannguyen on

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this from a used Honda dealership-in Marietta, GA, Aug. 2011. Was really excited to own my Acura SUV w/ 3rd row! Honda had a good reputation w/ reliability except for their transmission issue! I didn't realized it until it was too late! I had it checked out by Ed Voyles Acura-Chamblee. They said it was fine & they even did the transmission chip software recall. They found nothing wrong w/ it! They even took it upon themselves to do the FULL 105k service w/ timing belt w/ out getting my approval or trying to figure out what was wrong w/ the transmission. I was really upset! I even rode w/ them to see why it would vibrate at 50-60mph. Of course it wouldn't make that noise.

They need to fix this problem!!! I spent over $1300 worth of repairs thinking it would last a long time!!! Thanks again HONDA/ACURA! You really wasted my HARD EARN MONEY!!! Will not buy another Honda!!! Had to trade my 2005 MDX in for a new 2012 KIA Sorento!!! It's way better!!! It hasn't disappoint me yet!!!
By unhappykris
on 01/02/14 07:14 AM (PST)

brannguyen , What they do now is to make the tranny software shift to the 5th gear at 45 MPH and not the original 40 MPH. This makes the tranny noise go away, but this is not a "fix". This further degrades the fuel consumption as 90% of driving in the city is less than 45 MPH. You should have given them one star!