Think b4 you buy your next Acura
By seahawks_fan on
2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Think b4 you buy your next Acura. My 05 MDX slammed and locked its brakes while doing 40mph and almost killed my family. It happened three times in less than a month. Dealership won't fix the modulator that is most likely the cause because it would cost them $1600. The seat belt locked on my 9 month old pregnant wife's belly and cause my other kids head to whip lash. They have had my car for over a week now and waiting on Corporate to take responsibility. It's sad that saving $1600 is more important than the lives of 6 people. Come on Acura/Honda. Update: After having my $50,000 luxury car for a week, the decided they will only replace a $100 part called a brake switch. But they refused to replace the other problem, $1600 abs modulator. Their diagnostic computer told them both were failing parts. The service manager told me they are not wear and tear parts and should not have gone bad. So they sent me off with my family hoping they guessed right. So now the car sits on my drive way. I refuse to put my family in danger. Had I been on the freeway or crossing our states snowy mountains, my family might not be here right now. I wouldn't be here to share this with others. I told the claim manage than my family has bought 3 accords, two civics, Acura RL and the MDX the past 20 years, while spending over $100,000. Yet, he said that wasn't enough of loyalty.
Favorite Features
Interior is roomy and comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
Built quality. This cars have a history of transmission problems. Acura customer services are quick to send you on your way without help.