Solid overall, room for improvement
By txguy on
2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Got it with the nav and RES options. The RES is a must if you have kids. Ride is still smooth after 2 years and 35K miles. Averaged 24.8 MPG at steady 70 mph on last freeway trip with wife, 2 kids and cargo. Still love the MDX and we've had zero issues with the car. I use the Bluetooth often to talk hands-free and the Bose stereo sounds great. Only things I should have gotten up front were a cargo net for the back and running boards to help boost the little kids (under 4) and great-grandma.
Favorite Features
Nav and RES are worth the extra, although I don't use the voice command much except when using Bluetooth. Great dependability. Holds value well. I decided to buy new when I saw the asking prices of 2 year old MDXs.
Suggested Improvements
$40K+ vehicle should have HID lights, tri-zone climate control (see 2007). Nav user interface not very intuitive but it is functional, e.g. showing pizza places 750 miles away when doing search. People would think I had my headlight brights on when they weren't. Third row seats best for kids.