2005 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Solid overall, room for improv

2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Solid overall, room for improvement
By txguy on

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got it with the nav and RES options. The RES is a must if you have kids. Ride is still smooth after 2 years and 35K miles. Averaged 24.8 MPG at steady 70 mph on last freeway trip with wife, 2 kids and cargo. Still love the MDX and we've had zero issues with the car. I use the Bluetooth often to talk hands-free and the Bose stereo sounds great. Only things I should have gotten up front were a cargo net for the back and running boards to help boost the little kids (under 4) and great-grandma.

Nav and RES are worth the extra, although I don't use the voice command much except when using Bluetooth. Great dependability. Holds value well. I decided to buy new when I saw the asking prices of 2 year old MDXs.

$40K+ vehicle should have HID lights, tri-zone climate control (see 2007). Nav user interface not very intuitive but it is functional, e.g. showing pizza places 750 miles away when doing search. People would think I had my headlight brights on when they weren't. Third row seats best for kids.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review