2005 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Pain in the rear

2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Pain in the rear
By bothell bill on

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned my 2004 for 7 months and finally took it on a long cruise in Feb. A 4 hour ride. After 2 1/2 hours my butt started going numb and then legs. I think due to design of seat bottom. It tapers radically towards where the seat back joins and the angled sides of the seat bottom press into the nevers of my butt. I'm 5'10" and 185 lbs with 35" waist. I did the same cruise the first of March with the same result. I took a friend with me the second trip and he experienced the same discomfort. If you plan on long cruises, that a second look. What about a four hour test drive??

Smooth ride, good acceleration, decent gas milage~20 mph. Quiet interior, love the backup camera.

two fixes: the seat bottoms in the front and align the gas pedal with the extension of the drivers right leg. Too cramped at the pedals and that general area. More comfortable place for the drivers left foot also.