2005 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Our top choice Luxury SUV

2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Our top choice Luxury SUV
By kevinmak on

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 2 Nissan Pathfinders, a Ford Explorer, and a Mitsubishi Montero, it was time to step up to a Luxury SUV. I had never considered the Acura a serious contender, leaning more towards the Volvo or Lexus... but after driving them all, there's no doubt that this is the best choice for the money. Hands down more bang for your buck than the Lexus (although it was a strong contender) and certainly capable of keeping us as happy as the Volvo while saving $7500 comparably equipped... this is a great vehicle. I agree with the editor's review, a little "bland", but when you want a luxury SUX and you're in the $40k budget - I'd highly recommend the MDX! What a dream to drive!

This vehicle rides like a car, gets gas mileage comparable to a car with that much horsepower, and yet it feels sporty and fun (something the RX does not in my humble opinion). While it doesn't have the ultra luxury feel of the RX or the Eurpoean styling of the XC90, it's a rock solid option!

Change the A/C controls on the non-nav models... it looks and feels cheap! Add the power liftgate like the RX (that's a cool feature) and dual zone climate control should be a must have addition on a 2006 revamp... other than that, leave wel enough alone!