Happy with MDX , But Not Mileage
By barry on
2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Overall I am quite happy with my MDX. More fun to drive than my other car, Audi A8. Incredibly roomy inside, especially the cargo area for an SUV that is not that big on the outide. Stereo sounds great. Have not had any big problem with the brakes, except a little slow/sloppy when fully loaded with 5 people and a load of cargo. Big disappointment is gas mileage. One of the reasons I bought the MDX is because I wanted better gas mileage than my previous guzzling LX470 - but mileage is way below advertised, and not much better than the much bigger and heavier V8 powered LX470. Nav system also disappointing. Interior quality also a bit chintzy for an expensive car.
Favorite Features
Handling & Acceleration - Very car like handing and pretty good pickup for a 6 cyl. Cargo Room - Tons of room in cargo area. Holds at least as much as my old LX470. Fact that 3rd row of seats folds into floor is very helpful to cargo space.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage - fueleconomy.gov site claims 17/23, but after 3,500 miles I am averaging 14.8. My LX470 gave me about 14 and that is much heavier with V8 Nav system - I find it confusing to use (what the heck is that joystick for), and map is hard to read. Lexus Nav far superior in all respects