Don't let them fool you this is a truck!
By atlas on
2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have had many Acura's even a new NSX, an RL etc. and this car is a disappointment overall and after one year I am looking to trade it for something different. Here are my complaints- 1) NOISY on the road-- wind noise from the rearview mirrors, tire noise that is mindnumbing after 30 miles 2) a sloshing noise from the fuel tank which is insulting for a car over $40,000 -- unforgiveable 3) Some sort of noise from the brakes after you back up-- dealer says they have to reset or some story 4) XM radio cannot be scrolled through the stations numerically with the station titles displaying quickly- it takes seconds for the station title to display. 5) Voice activated is a joke-- hardly works-
Favorite Features
Nav system- even though don't try voice inputting addresses with numbers it can't consistently understand the numbers from 1 to 10 -- which will drive you insane if trying to input a number. I try to make it voice dial and again can't understand phone numbers- very frustrating/
Suggested Improvements
Less road noise, voice activation that works, more comfortable ride, a real XM emabled radio,baffling in the gas tank, tires with less road noise-- I know make it like the Lexus! I may trade this TRUCK for an RL- but I'm driving it five times before I do. Perfect for a Mom with five screaming kids -