2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Acura MDX
By Acura MDX on 08/17/05 11:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my MDX for 2 months. So far I love driving the car. It's comfortable and reliable. I just wish the gas milage was better. One thing that came standard with all my previous vehicles is automatic door locks when the car is being driven, which is not available on the MDX. I also would like to see keyless entry and a more sensitive automatic headlight mechanism.

An "Accurate" Description
By Jim Lipsky on 08/17/05 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very pleased with my Acura MDX. I traded up from a V6 Accord Navi and haven't looked back or regretted a thing, short of filling the gas tank daily (I'm a Realtor, and put lots of miles on the car). My invalid father gets in and out easily and clients like the roominess and Navi system. Nice job Honda!

Nothing Else will Do
By Jackie Morehead on 08/16/05 07:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My new MDX is the best, it drives so well, turns so well, rides like a dream. I let a friend drive it and they were so impressed. I love my On Star and Navigation they are so good and the blue tooth phone as well as the other phone. I cannot say enough about how wonderful my new Acura MDX is.

A great minivan alternative
By Hangdog on 08/15/05 11:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the seating for 7. Driving the MDX feels like driving a car, no heavy truck feel. I think I'll stay with this one for a while!

Wonderful SUV.
By June on 08/08/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car we have ever owned (touring & Navi.)! MDX improved a lot from 2001 to 2005 model and I am glad that we waited this long. Although redesign is expected in late 2006, current model has been polished so much. MDX is the best combination of utility, reliability, and comfort compare to other upscale SUVs, I believe. We will be keeping our MDX for a long time.

Acura Tops (AGAIN!)
By Goulet on 08/03/05 17:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded out of a '97 CL to the '04 MDX and couldn't be happier. Although it was a sad day, it was a happy day also. Recently drove to NC from MA for the US Open and it was a most pleasant drive. Navigation system helped us avoid all the DC traffic on our non-stop trip home. The auxillary hook ups in the rear allow for a iPod to be installed and played continuously for hours (miles). Love my MDX, just wish that there was a way to get a upgrade to get the bluetooth tecnology installed in the '04. Currently don't know of this being available, but other than that, it's a GREAT CAR. I'm an Acura man for LIFE!

ACURA MDX TOURING w/NAVI
By Wade on 08/03/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a nice looking vehicle, the navigation system is by far the best in the industry. It is a better value for the money than other luxury SUV's. The interior styling is kinda cheap looking with the fake wood grain. If you need headroom this is not the vehicle for you. Can not believe I had to order and pay for body side mouldings extra. If you tow anything over 4,500 pounds you will not be able to do it with the MDX. Would love to see Acura offer chrome wheels, would look so much better than the standard alloy, looks weird since the door handles are chrome.

Built Just For Me
By EWD on 08/02/05 19:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a tall driver (6'4")and always must "try on" an automobile for fit in head,leg and foot room, steering wheel positioning and instrument and control visibility and convenience. The MDX fits me almost perfectly. I could use a little more room for my left foot, but head and leg room are great. instruments and controls are conveniently located and visibility is excellent. For me it has smooth acceleration, a firm but not harsh ride and a confidence building feel of the road. Cargo space is excellent and thirdf row seating comfortable for the occasional need to transport my four grand kids and two adults. Pleasing exterior styling that I think beats anything else on the road.

Smooth and Quiet
By Alex on 08/01/05 13:04 PM (PDT)

I bought my wife a 2005 MDX/ Fully loaded for xmas 2004. We love it. It's a little pricey fully loaded for the average family, but we believe it's well worth the extra money. Its very quiet and has more power than anything we've driven. In fact, we have driven interstate 80 through snow, steep grades, thunderstorms, hot summer traffic, ect.. and have been VERY pleased. We test drove the Lexus GX470 and although you can't compair to the comfort and finish of a Lexus, the MDX drives with more confidence: better exceleration, better brakes, better seating layout, and just a better feel in day to day driving conditions.

There's none greater..
By John on 07/30/05 08:50 AM (PDT)

This is my first suv, and third honda made auto (still have Honda my Accord ex 03). And I couldn't think of owning two cars without at leaset one of them being a Honda made vehicle. My MDX is fully loaded and rides like a dream I tell you. I from Queens NY, so who cares about going off road...? And In the city we don't use our suvs for tow. So with that said, my MDX has never let me down, in any shape form or fashion. It is more comfortable than many more expensive sport utes in its class. And need I mention all of the standard equipment that comes with it...? I know that when I'm ready to trade-in this badboy, I'm getting another-maybe the new RDX.. Hmmm.. We'll see.