2005 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Fun to drive long distances
By mna on 09/12/05 21:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove in the middle of winter thru snow and mud long distances. It was a very comfortable ride and drive. It is a smooth running suv and drives like a car.

You can't go wrong.
By Hunter on 09/07/05 16:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's all included. When comparing to the others, consider total cost. Moonroof, heated, 8 way pwr seats, inter. wipers, XM radio, OnStar, leather, memory seats/mirrors...it's all included in the Touring pkg. Nav is great AND Nav gives you back-up camera. Engine is quiet, smooth, tranny is seamless, and the confidence in high- speed interstate ramp turns and winding roads is fantastic - just a terrific stance. Good sight lines. It's not a drop-dead 'head- turner', but that's the Acura conservative style. The up-side is that everything is solid and proven before it goes into the car. The "A" badge does draw some 'ohhhhhhhhhs'. (Try the gold badges).

Great Decision
By left1 on 09/03/05 10:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Before deciding on the MDX we checked out a lot of SUVs. What sold us was the Honda/Acura quality and dependablity as well as the feel of this SUV. We have had 9 Honda/Acura products and this one is great! Handles better than a lot of cars and rides better than most as well. We took it on a 12 hour trip and were very pleased. We have not had any problems with the MDX. The longer we have this SUV the more we like it!

Happy with MDX , But Not Mileage
By barry on 09/02/05 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am quite happy with my MDX. More fun to drive than my other car, Audi A8. Incredibly roomy inside, especially the cargo area for an SUV that is not that big on the outide. Stereo sounds great. Have not had any big problem with the brakes, except a little slow/sloppy when fully loaded with 5 people and a load of cargo. Big disappointment is gas mileage. One of the reasons I bought the MDX is because I wanted better gas mileage than my previous guzzling LX470 - but mileage is way below advertised, and not much better than the much bigger and heavier V8 powered LX470. Nav system also disappointing. Interior quality also a bit chintzy for an expensive car.

Good Investment
By flajcat on 08/30/05 14:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife has a 2002 MDX and because of the performance, quality, craftsmanship, I decided to buy a 2005 MDX. Way above average resale value. No problems in 3 years, excellent quality. The back up camera adds to safety. There are 8 airbags, high quality interior. Very good engine performance. Luxurious inside. Navigation system is a 10. Mediocre gas mileage. I am getting about 18 combined highway and city.

for moms who refuse to do the minivan
By carol on 08/27/05 08:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is feels custom made for our family of 5 plus 2 large dogs. The seating options work out perfectly for us. I love having 2 "extra" kid seats in row 3 for the kids' friends or for when my own lovely children need to be separated. And the front seat airbag sensor means I feel more confident when my older children sit up front. In truth, we should have a minivan -- that is the ultimate in convenience for a motley crew like us. BUT my final rationalization for the MDX was that when it was time for my oldest to start driving that this would become her car. I'm sure she'll be much happier inheriting the MDX than a minivan!!!

I like it.
By baradlee on 08/20/05 12:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing really to complain about except..GAS MILEAGE. In Southern California, in stop and go driving, 13.8 mpg. On the highway to Wyoming I did get 24 mpg. The V-6 has to move a lot of mass and I guess the gas mileage suffers.

Nice Truck
By Acura Driver on 08/18/05 21:10 PM (PDT)

I test drove many many SUV's and none could compare to the price and features of the MDX. That's the reason I also drive a 2004 TL. Unfortunately, the MDX is not nearly as nice as the TL. The nav screen is smaller, no dual climate control, the buttons on the wheel don’t light up, no power up and down feature for driver and passenger windows, and the stereo is anemic in comparison. This is just nit picking, but the MDX should have the same or better features especially since it is $10K more than the TL. Despite these very minor issues this is a great SUV. Space and workmanship are top notch.

Very Satisfied
By KeithK on 08/18/05 08:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My MDX has been fantastic so far - a great family car. I've averaged 20 mpg (on mostly highway driving), which is a bit higher than I expected. Acceleration is quite good, and the car is really comfortable. Good cupholders, radio reception (things that are more important than you think).

Trade up to 2005 MDX
By John on 08/17/05 18:31 PM (PDT)

4,000 miles of experience and still enjoy driving my MDX. Features and comfort are better than expected, gas mileage a little worse (18 MPG). The on board computer shows about 22 MPG best case on the freeway. The RES causes some rear visibility issues, but workable. The ride is much better than my prior SUV (V8 Explorer) and power about the same. As claimed, the MDX drives a lot smaller than it is, and feels very stable at all speeds. The MDX is a perfectly balanced SUV that does just about everything well, albeit not best in class.