Used 2005 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

A great all-purpose SUV
By JCPHX

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely comfortable, quiet ride with excellent performance. I purchased with all the bells and whistles, including DVD with rear speaker control - perfect for long trips with kids. Also, with two rows of seats that fold down, easily converts to a good SUV for hauling stuff. Bluetooth for the mobile phone is now a must-have. The voice-activated nav system seemed cool at first, but it was the one thing that didn't always perform perfectly. Still, this is my first Acura and the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Overall ride and performance, DVD, Bluetooth, fold down 2nd and 3rd seats.

Keep working on voice-activated system, and make nav menus less complicated.

Most Outstanding Vehicle!!
By Carole Matter

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a lot of nice vehicles, but the Acura MDX is my favorite vehicle I've ever had! It does everything well. I have the navigation system on mine, which I personally would never want to be without again. Acura has the best one out there, in my opinion. I test drove a lot of cars and SUVs before I bought this one, and nothing compared. I have had 7 people in my car for a sightseeing trip, and it was wonderful. I also have had the challenge and fun of driving my MDX through blizzard conditions and on snow-packed, icy steep hills in Pittsburgh, PA, and I went down a very very steep hill in AWD and never even slid. The vehicle in front of me had gone down the hill sideways!

While I love everything about my MDX, I guess my favorite features would be the navigation system, its terrific handling, the roominess, and its versatility. The back two rows of seats fold down with no effort. Has lots of cargo room! It's very comfortable and has everything on it you could want!

I can't think of any way this vehicle needs to be improved. It's virtually the perfect vehicle.

Great SUV - Excellent value
By krc

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 18 months, I can't find anything not to like about my MDX. This is my first Acura and second SUV. I am a finicky consumer and researched all luxury models prior to buying - it paid off! For the money, this is by far the best SUV in its class. Gas mileage was better than anticipated. And, it has the highest safety/crash test ratings. Quality, comfort, and value...I love it!

Exterior styling, navigation system, XM radio, interior space, smooth ride, confident handling

Telephone charger should work without running the engine; that's all!

I Love It!!
By Brandi

2005 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX as much today as the day I bought it. It drives like a dream and is very roomy. Just last weekend we took 6 adults over 3 hours drive away with luggage and everyone had plenty of room. Now if only they would come out with a hybrid with the new models...

Navigation system is great! From NJ to Maine with only the system to guide us - it is wonderful! A traffic accident ahead? Just plot a new way home! It is always accurate and fun!!

Next model needs to have an optional hybrid. A premium gas vehicle with these gas prices is expensive.

Power and comfort
By mdx

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Would definately get another in the future.

Blue tooth tech. Rear A/C