2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great SUV
By Nancy on 11/15/05 19:04 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove the Volvo and Toyota Sequoia, and my husband has the Lexus 330. The MDX is superior to all of three. Great handling, relatively high off the ground, comfortable interior, easy to use navigation and dvd systems.

Luxury SUV for a great value
By Pawel on 11/12/05 21:22 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great overall SUV The breaking is very responsive and very solid, acceleration very quiet and smooth. Handling is great!

Not disappointed
By Tay on 10/21/05 15:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For 1 whole year, I researched and test drove SUVS from Lexus, Infiniti, Jeep, BMW, Volkswagon, and a few others as well as the MDX. I loved the MDX from the moment I drove it, and now that I own one, I love it even more. The MDX is fun to drive, loaded with many luxuries and comforts, has great power (Awesome pickup), great sound system, and in my opinion the best Navigation system of any car I drove. Add to that, this is dollar for dollar one of the best deals out there, and it's also one of the most dependable Mid-SUVs out there, this is one really amazing vehicle.

Best car I ever drove
By Natalia on 10/14/05 12:06 PM (PDT)

I love it! It could use better gas mileage. Very good on handling wet roads, turns. Very smooth and quiet ride. I did not think I would use Navigation system, but I was wrong. It is very helpful, plus I am still learning about the vehicle.

perfect family suv
By gino mallamaci on 10/04/05 23:11 PM (PDT)

a real pleasure to drive

All-around best performer
By dhk on 10/04/05 02:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After doing a thorough research, we settled on MDX and have not been disappointed. This car does not do any one thing better than the competitors; Lexus has a slightly comfier interior; VW may have better off-road capability. But the entire package is better than the competition. Room for seven; Acura workmanship; lots and lots of power; and fair pricing. We love than Acura won't nickel and dime you for features such as leather seating and moonroof. Everything comes standard. The only negative - and it comes with the territory - is the gas mileage, though it is better than most SUVs.

The best for the money
By John on 10/03/05 11:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car especially for the price. Extremely smooth transmission and very powerful 6 cylinder engine. Very quiet cabin. Handles like a car!

Acura MDX
By Jim on 09/27/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

Everything is great but the GAS mileage. Only average 17mpg. Less than I expected.

MDX is Great!
By HappyTourer on 09/27/05 00:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at Lexus RX330 and Toyota 4- Runner but Acura won out with best design and ease of use. Mileage has been as expected about 19 mixed use so far, but better than the old 4-Runner with 150HP. Power is excellent. We added rear body-colored wing which makes it look even better. Hard to believe the MDX is still somewhat hard to come by after 5 years on the market. I still own a '91 Legend Coupe and cannot bear the thought of parting with it. Had no problem trading off the 4-Runner, though.

Excellent Family Vehicle
By Gills Family on 09/26/05 19:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th owned Acura and this MDX doesn't disappoint. It has a car-like ride which we like and the engineering and technology is well worth the price which we found reasonable for a Luxury vehicle. Acura service is outstanding and we are looking forward to enjoying our retirement vehicle. The MDX is not just a vehicle but a solution to our transportation problems.