2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Love it
By Nice Ride on 02/25/06 17:00 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a Toyota Camry XLS to the MDX since we have a toddler and another on the way. Drives like a car, very smooth. Comes standard with sunroof, heated seats, third row. Has alot to offer.

I love my MDX!
By Nv on 02/05/06 23:27 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy the smooth ride and the technology advanced features. I got all Navi and RES on my MDX because I didn't want buyers remorse. And, I must say it's worth it. I've had mine since Aug 05 and love it. Navi has been reliable when I input addresses, but not as reliable with directory assistance.

This SUV rocks!!!
By DK on 02/04/06 23:35 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I decided go for this MDX because it has 7 seats, better values and excellent ride quality. It is wider than RX330 and comes with all the standrad features. However, I got around 15-19 mile per gallon with premium gas, it is not cheap!!!

By Bob on 02/04/06 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this truck for about 6 months and have been about 95% happy with our purchase. Owned several S U vehicles and this one outdrives them all by a long shot. Often have 5 people in the vehicle and it's very comfortable.

Expected a great car, but....
By professor on 01/27/06 16:57 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle one year ago and have had some problems with the exhaust system and acceleration. My MDX makes an annoying noise at the 2 rpm mark, and does not have very good acceleration at times; I have had it checked (with little success) at my Acura dealer. There are also some interior noises in the back doors, which is bothersome to listen to at times. I really expected a lot more from this vehicle, especially for the price that I paid. The gas mileage is not that great as well....getting around 14-15 mpg in the city and 17-18 mpg on the highway, and I drive fairly conservative.

Downsized for mileage but not so good...
By Paul Marsteller on 01/24/06 04:01 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Maybe I am not a mid-size SUV kind of person, having driven something much bigger for years. To save on guess I talked myself into this car, liking it better than the competition. After 4 months I continue to be underwhelmed and am thinking of trading for a Seqioa. I don't recommend this to anyone used to a bigger SUV who is just downsizing for the better mileage. I'm getting about 17-19 mpg(70/30 hwy/city). Pluses: Good navigation system. Cons: Where to begin? Clunky and noisy over little bumps; lackluster hwy acceleration; inside windshield steams up ALL the time (never had this problem before; and I live in San Diego!); Sun seems to shine in too much; stiff to shift.. tra

Not your typical Honda product at all
By berto on 01/12/06 02:13 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Exterior is much sportier than the older body style with the new head/tail lights and dual outlet exhaust but still looks somewhat minivan-ish. Interior build quality is outstanding, not extravagant and everything is logically placed. Very minimal body roll and understeer for what it is. Stereo sounds great especially for a base model. Sound deadening is better than any Honda/Acura I've ever owned. Seats are comfortable--I had to drive 12 hours stopping only for gas and felt fine. Motor is exceptionally torquey for a Honda, but you pay for it at the pump. Acts like an Audi sometimes though--pulsing from rear when turning from a stop, and transmission shifting is somewhat sluggish.

I Love My MDX
By Suzanne on 01/08/06 09:42 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven a minivan for years and this is my first SUV. We went with the MDX after test driving BMW,Lexus,Volvo. I was not impressed until I drove my Acura! Main reason I chose it..Cargo room, and 3rd row seat is big enough for me or my 17 y/o son! Best of all were the safety rateings. My MDX gets alomost 19mi/per gallon! Don't think that's bad for a 6cyl. Heck I only got 14-16 with my minivan! Wonderful ride in town or longer trips. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for room, safety and looks!

Best SUV I've owned
By wm stiehm on 01/01/06 20:09 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX is superior in all respects for an SUV. Although the total weight didn't push the specs, I towed a 1100 lb boat and 400 lb trailer 1800 miles with ease and with a feeling of control at all times. This included driving the mountains of NC and NY. Its third seat is handy and I love its muscular look (compare to sister vehicle, the Honda Pilot).

Love my MDX
By meileen on 12/18/05 14:20 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy the handling, the style and the comfort. It has been my favorite car purchase. Used to drive a Ford Expedition and this by far handles better. The service I get w/ Acura has been outstanding. Only one change, wish it had a little more storage hiding space near the driver .