Used 2005 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

I thought Acura/Honda's were relable?
By JP

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really liked the features of the vehicle. Drove it one week and started hearing a "rumbling" noise around 30-40 mph. Seemed like the transmission was having problems shifting. Dealer had it for two weeks, had to rebuild the transmission and replace the torque converter. Luckily I will have 3 years/36,000 mile warranty on the transmission. Besides that, nothing else to complain about so far. I thought Acura/Hondas were supposed to be very reliable?

Interior is roomy, comfortable for a tall person.

Fix the transmission problem, better fuel economy.

My Wife Loves this Car
By Big Fan

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car. Comfortable seats, quiet, smooth. My wife's friends always ask her to drive because they all love this car. Very reliable - transmission replaced under warranty, no other problems.

Plenty of power and the all wheel drive make it a sporty and sure footed. Parks easily. Dealership experience - They treat you great and take a lot of pride is keeping your vehicle in top shape.

I wish my MDX had the same stereo as my TL. Other than that this car is near perfect as is. Actually, I have driven newer MDXs and prefer the 2005 model to the newer "improved" models.

A Little Overrated
By VW

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I find the MDX to be more hefty and top heavy in driving dynamics than I expected. It's pretty thirsty at 15 MPG city. Engine seems rock solid and smooth. Ride suspension is tuned nicely -- not too firm, not too mushy. Should have HID and lane change signal without having to clicking on the signal arm. Stereo is pretty good quality. XM is nice. Navi and Handsfree link are a little awkward to use.

Suspension and engine. XM radio. Rearview camera.

Gas mileage. HID & soft lane change signal. Navi & Handsfree link. Lengthen arm rest & bottom seat length. Both are short, making it difficult to establish comfortable sitting position. Steering controls need backlight for evening visibility. Can't display outside temp & gas mileage at same time

My favorite vehicle ever owned!!!
By Michael Miers

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX. Nothing wrong with it, and have had no problems. This is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. Bluetooth works great!

Bluetooth, and everything

Better fuel economy

2005 MDX Review
By 2005 MDX

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the original style MDX because I just knew the new model wouldn't be as nice. I have never been so happy with a car in my life. It's a wonderful highway cruiser and up in the rockies, it just handles the whoop di doos very solidly, no floating around, just well composed ride. Mileage is 21 highway average at 75 mph and around town 13 (100% stop & go). I got the touring model with nav & the tow package. The AWD works wonderfully. I took it out in the desert near Moabe, Utah and it will go down creeks & up sand banks with ease. In snow it's a joy, give a lot of confidence in any type of bad weather. Reliability has been excellent with only the nav being replaced, have 75K miles

Nav, awd, ride, composure on highway, quietness, quality, reliability, performance & mileage for an suv

Leg room, I'm still trying to come up with a suggested improvement and can't think of one. It's just a wonderful car and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an suv