2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
I Love It!!
By Brandi on 07/24/06 14:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX as much today as the day I bought it. It drives like a dream and is very roomy. Just last weekend we took 6 adults over 3 hours drive away with luggage and everyone had plenty of room. Now if only they would come out with a hybrid with the new models...

Power and comfort
By mdx on 07/20/06 16:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Would definately get another in the future.

Great Vehicle
By sklug on 06/09/06 18:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car after 18 months no complaints at all and no issues at all. Fuel Economy is much better than expected. 23.4 mpg on our last trip to OHIO running 75 mph. Gets 18.6 around town. Goes great in the snow on trips to the northwoods. entertainment system and is great. Nav is a little out of date. My wife will never drive a different suv.

I actually don't mind making my payments
By Tom on 06/05/06 00:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not particularly a car person, but I have to say I really like this SUV. It's my first Acura and my 5th SUV. It's very quiet, spacious, comfortable, and the navigation is fantastic once you learn commands. (At first I didn't think the voice rec. worked well but it was mostly my lack of understanding it. Fine now.) Body style is least favorate but added wheel flares, side molding, and running boards that help make it less bulbous.

MDX delivers
By Hecyes on 03/24/06 18:40 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven the MDX for over a year now and am very satisfied with its performance, driveability, and dependability. Its not as comfortable as the Lexus but you get a lot more for the price. The navigation system is amazing and the mileage you get is very good. I like the looks of it much better that the others in this price range...sleek and clean.

Love my MDX!
By Hecklabs on 03/22/06 08:32 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am so pleased with this vehicle. I looked at BMW and Lexus and found that the storage capacity (we have 3 Labs) was much bigger in the MDX. It is extremely comfortable, roomy and well built. Add to that the fact that it is the most reasonably priced and you've got a winner!!

Love It!
By SueOOO on 03/22/06 08:06 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX and I'm looking forward to upgrade to the 2007!! This SUV has everything! And living in New England in the winter...the MDX was made for snow! It also looks great in the summer and having a versatile car as a young woman is key!

Great SUV
By Bill on 03/21/06 14:07 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had Acura sedns for years. I got the MDX for the higher seat due to a bad back. I find that the SUV gives me many more options for transporting things as well as providing a very confortable reliable ride. My only wish would be for better gas milage.

Always Room for Improvement
By ELC on 02/28/06 10:26 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, this is a great vehicle. The comfort and features are fantastic, but the handling could be better. My engine sometimes "jumps" during quick acceleration and the vehicle does NOT inspire confidence during sudden/emergency braking. I love the Navi system, but the voice control is horrible -- it never recognizes what we say, so we just use the touch screen. On the positive side, the MDX is very roomy and comfortable, and the Bose sound system rocks.

Don't let them fool you this is a truck!
By atlas on 02/27/06 08:13 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had many Acura's even a new NSX, an RL etc. and this car is a disappointment overall and after one year I am looking to trade it for something different. Here are my complaints- 1) NOISY on the road-- wind noise from the rearview mirrors, tire noise that is mindnumbing after 30 miles 2) a sloshing noise from the fuel tank which is insulting for a car over $40,000 -- unforgiveable 3) Some sort of noise from the brakes after you back up-- dealer says they have to reset or some story 4) XM radio cannot be scrolled through the stations numerically with the station titles displaying quickly- it takes seconds for the station title to display. 5) Voice activated is a joke-- hardly works-