2005 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great Car
By Vigi on 01/13/05 13:12 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

'05 MDX replaced my '92 4Runner, I get perfect parking 100% of the time, using the rear camera, excellent design and integration of front stereo with rear entertainment system. Very comfortable, kids love it to. I'm waiting for the hybride version of this car, it gobles gas alot, but it worth the comfort.

Acura MDX
By Jack Wall on 01/12/05 23:09 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Shop and compare you won't beat this SUV when it comes to style, quality, reliability, and value. I've test driven nearly all the mid size luxury SUV's and you can't beat this car. The ride is solid on wet and dry pavement, on back roads or cruising at 80 mph down the freeway. Going skiing driving on ice and snow there is no slips going up or down. There is room for all the gear and four people in the car! Who needs a rack. Going golfing same thing.

Great SUV
By Chaos on 01/06/05 00:32 AM (PST)

Just got this car and drove it up to Tahoe in time for 9 feet of snow. Handling was flawless. Didn't think I would like the XM radio and backup camera (both included) but have decided that they are good to have as well. I test drove virtually all other SUVs in this price range +/- $20k. Handling of the MDX was among the best, acceleration was adequate even at 65mph, height above the road was good.

I love it
By guye on 01/05/05 22:29 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just converted from a long run of Volvo sedans and I love it. Gas mileage isn't great but not much different than other SUV's.

Very disappointed
By Driving a Cayenne S on 01/05/05 21:40 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely disappointed in the product. Expected more pickup and much better gasoline economy due to 6 cylinders.

Great Choice!
By GMSUSIE on 01/05/05 21:11 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for two months -- I have enjoyed every driving experience with it. It is comfortable -- it feels like a true "luxury" car. The navigation system and satellite radio are pluses. The gas mileage isn't great, but I do drive it "around town" a lot of the time which doesn't help much. We tried out "all" of the suvs and are so pleased that this is the one we chose.

Not Luxury Quality
By Frank Barton on 01/04/05 18:18 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new two months ago, we have put 5000 miles on the MDX. At about 1500 miles the LCD display locked up (froze) causing loss of the ability to use the nav or to control the heating and air conditioning (a real bummer when you're lost in a strange city). After turning the car off for approx. 1/2 hr. it appeared that the electronics cooled off enough to start working again. The thermostat on the heater/air conditioner has never worked properly and the interior fogs up easily on humid days. Several other things, like loose retaining screws on some of the external body parts,etc. indicate a general lack of concern for quality.

Great choice
By Deborah on 01/02/05 12:13 PM (PST)

This is a great choice. The engine is seemless, you do not feel it shifting like some other luxury SUV's I test drove. Living near the mountains the power and engine is great, such a smooth ride. The size is great since I did not want a huge SUV. Love that it is ULEV2, which most SUV's are not.

Comfort in driving
By Christine Spampinato on 01/02/05 06:59 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving my MDX. It is a smooth and comfortable SUV. It has power to get you where you want to go. The visiblity is also great.I am able to see a lot more of the country side than with my sedan. I also like the seat warmer during this winter season. Over all it is a great SUV for the price.

Our top choice Luxury SUV
By kevinmak on 12/29/04 22:48 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 2 Nissan Pathfinders, a Ford Explorer, and a Mitsubishi Montero, it was time to step up to a Luxury SUV. I had never considered the Acura a serious contender, leaning more towards the Volvo or Lexus... but after driving them all, there's no doubt that this is the best choice for the money. Hands down more bang for your buck than the Lexus (although it was a strong contender) and certainly capable of keeping us as happy as the Volvo while saving $7500 comparably equipped... this is a great vehicle. I agree with the editor's review, a little "bland", but when you want a luxury SUX and you're in the $40k budget - I'd highly recommend the MDX! What a dream to drive!