Used 2005 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Smooth and Quiet
By Alex

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my wife a 2005 MDX/ Fully loaded for xmas 2004. We love it. It's a little pricey fully loaded for the average family, but we believe it's well worth the extra money. Its very quiet and has more power than anything we've driven. In fact, we have driven interstate 80 through snow, steep grades, thunderstorms, hot summer traffic, ect.. and have been VERY pleased. We test drove the Lexus GX470 and although you can't compair to the comfort and finish of a Lexus, the MDX drives with more confidence: better exceleration, better brakes, better seating layout, and just a better feel in day to day driving conditions.

Layout of the interior, bluetooth, engine power.

Seats could be a little comfortable

There's none greater..
By John

This is my first suv, and third honda made auto (still have Honda my Accord ex 03). And I couldn't think of owning two cars without at leaset one of them being a Honda made vehicle. My MDX is fully loaded and rides like a dream I tell you. I from Queens NY, so who cares about going off road...? And In the city we don't use our suvs for tow. So with that said, my MDX has never let me down, in any shape form or fashion. It is more comfortable than many more expensive sport utes in its class. And need I mention all of the standard equipment that comes with it...? I know that when I'm ready to trade-in this badboy, I'm getting another-maybe the new RDX.. Hmmm.. We'll see.

Voice activation controls, navigation, & onstar.

I believe if the exterior & interior were modified a little it couldn't hurt-Wait, I take that back..!!

Great SUV!
By Lynn

Great SUV! Nice size makes handling easy. Smooth driving. Loaded with fun gadgets and entertainment. A lot of interior bang for the buck! Kid friendly. Easy to maneuver 3rd bench when needed. Nice storage space. This is our fourth SUV in 10 years and is definitely my favorite. The safety scores are good, too. Good range of vision through windows.

The toys! Navigation system, satellite radio, DVD player and on star.

Leg room is tight for the third bench.

My second but hardly final MDX
By M.Dennis McCarron

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The '05 MDX is a world above the '01 I had first and THAT was a great vehicle! This may not be the splashiest SUV on the lot, but it is much more quiet and nimble than any other I have owned. I think the gas mileage is fair at 20-21 mpg but sustainable for now. The turning radius still amazes me!

I would never do without the voice-activated GPS or the XM radio again. Frankly in a vehicle of this level they both should be standard.

Quiet could still stand some improvement at high speeds, and the passenger's seat needs more leg room for taller folks.

MDX Overview
By Kevin

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good car overall, the biggest SUV size for the smallest SUV type.

I love the subwoofer when I blast my tunes it sounds perfect!

I just wish that they would put the time and money into making the interior more sufficient.