Used 2005 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

ACURA MDX TOURING w/NAVI
By Wade

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a nice looking vehicle, the navigation system is by far the best in the industry. It is a better value for the money than other luxury SUV's. The interior styling is kinda cheap looking with the fake wood grain. If you need headroom this is not the vehicle for you. Can not believe I had to order and pay for body side mouldings extra. If you tow anything over 4,500 pounds you will not be able to do it with the MDX. Would love to see Acura offer chrome wheels, would look so much better than the standard alloy, looks weird since the door handles are chrome.

Navigation system with voice command, XM radio, controls on steering wheel (however they look very cheap)

Power rear door, express sunroof controls that open/close automatically, telescoping steering wheel, adjustable pedals, replace the fake wood grain (kinda cheap looking) Needs more headroom!!!!!! and the dead pedal is too far up. On the heated seats needs option to heat back as well.

Built Just For Me
By EWD

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a tall driver (6'4")and always must "try on" an automobile for fit in head,leg and foot room, steering wheel positioning and instrument and control visibility and convenience. The MDX fits me almost perfectly. I could use a little more room for my left foot, but head and leg room are great. instruments and controls are conveniently located and visibility is excellent. For me it has smooth acceleration, a firm but not harsh ride and a confidence building feel of the road. Cargo space is excellent and thirdf row seating comfortable for the occasional need to transport my four grand kids and two adults. Pleasing exterior styling that I think beats anything else on the road.

Handling ease, smooth ride, cargo space, third row seating, control access and visibility. Steering wheel controls.

Larger foot rest for left foot. Audible warning signal when turn signal has been activated for a long interval.

Smooth and Quiet
By Alex

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my wife a 2005 MDX/ Fully loaded for xmas 2004. We love it. It's a little pricey fully loaded for the average family, but we believe it's well worth the extra money. Its very quiet and has more power than anything we've driven. In fact, we have driven interstate 80 through snow, steep grades, thunderstorms, hot summer traffic, ect.. and have been VERY pleased. We test drove the Lexus GX470 and although you can't compair to the comfort and finish of a Lexus, the MDX drives with more confidence: better exceleration, better brakes, better seating layout, and just a better feel in day to day driving conditions.

Layout of the interior, bluetooth, engine power.

Seats could be a little comfortable

There's none greater..
By John

This is my first suv, and third honda made auto (still have Honda my Accord ex 03). And I couldn't think of owning two cars without at leaset one of them being a Honda made vehicle. My MDX is fully loaded and rides like a dream I tell you. I from Queens NY, so who cares about going off road...? And In the city we don't use our suvs for tow. So with that said, my MDX has never let me down, in any shape form or fashion. It is more comfortable than many more expensive sport utes in its class. And need I mention all of the standard equipment that comes with it...? I know that when I'm ready to trade-in this badboy, I'm getting another-maybe the new RDX.. Hmmm.. We'll see.

Voice activation controls, navigation, & onstar.

I believe if the exterior & interior were modified a little it couldn't hurt-Wait, I take that back..!!

Great SUV!
By Lynn

Great SUV! Nice size makes handling easy. Smooth driving. Loaded with fun gadgets and entertainment. A lot of interior bang for the buck! Kid friendly. Easy to maneuver 3rd bench when needed. Nice storage space. This is our fourth SUV in 10 years and is definitely my favorite. The safety scores are good, too. Good range of vision through windows.

The toys! Navigation system, satellite radio, DVD player and on star.

Leg room is tight for the third bench.