Used 2005 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

A great minivan alternative
By Hangdog

2005 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the seating for 7. Driving the MDX feels like driving a car, no heavy truck feel. I think I'll stay with this one for a while!

3rd row seat

Add a sunglass holder (similar to the Accord)

Wonderful SUV.
By June

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car we have ever owned (touring & Navi.)! MDX improved a lot from 2001 to 2005 model and I am glad that we waited this long. Although redesign is expected in late 2006, current model has been polished so much. MDX is the best combination of utility, reliability, and comfort compare to other upscale SUVs, I believe. We will be keeping our MDX for a long time.

Rearview camera, On Star, Bose sound system, Navigation, cool blue center console lighting, handling, quietness, cargo space, and simple/clean styling.

HID lights (though I don't have to worry about being stolen), Auto- open/close back cargo door, Better gas mileage would be nice.

Acura Tops (AGAIN!)
By Goulet

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded out of a '97 CL to the '04 MDX and couldn't be happier. Although it was a sad day, it was a happy day also. Recently drove to NC from MA for the US Open and it was a most pleasant drive. Navigation system helped us avoid all the DC traffic on our non-stop trip home. The auxillary hook ups in the rear allow for a iPod to be installed and played continuously for hours (miles). Love my MDX, just wish that there was a way to get a upgrade to get the bluetooth tecnology installed in the '04. Currently don't know of this being available, but other than that, it's a GREAT CAR. I'm an Acura man for LIFE!

Ride, storage, audio and automated wipers and lights, and of course the DVD/Navigation system.

Other than being able to upgrade a previous models audio up to the current bluetooth offering, nothing!

ACURA MDX TOURING w/NAVI
By Wade

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a nice looking vehicle, the navigation system is by far the best in the industry. It is a better value for the money than other luxury SUV's. The interior styling is kinda cheap looking with the fake wood grain. If you need headroom this is not the vehicle for you. Can not believe I had to order and pay for body side mouldings extra. If you tow anything over 4,500 pounds you will not be able to do it with the MDX. Would love to see Acura offer chrome wheels, would look so much better than the standard alloy, looks weird since the door handles are chrome.

Navigation system with voice command, XM radio, controls on steering wheel (however they look very cheap)

Power rear door, express sunroof controls that open/close automatically, telescoping steering wheel, adjustable pedals, replace the fake wood grain (kinda cheap looking) Needs more headroom!!!!!! and the dead pedal is too far up. On the heated seats needs option to heat back as well.

Built Just For Me
By EWD

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a tall driver (6'4")and always must "try on" an automobile for fit in head,leg and foot room, steering wheel positioning and instrument and control visibility and convenience. The MDX fits me almost perfectly. I could use a little more room for my left foot, but head and leg room are great. instruments and controls are conveniently located and visibility is excellent. For me it has smooth acceleration, a firm but not harsh ride and a confidence building feel of the road. Cargo space is excellent and thirdf row seating comfortable for the occasional need to transport my four grand kids and two adults. Pleasing exterior styling that I think beats anything else on the road.

Handling ease, smooth ride, cargo space, third row seating, control access and visibility. Steering wheel controls.

Larger foot rest for left foot. Audible warning signal when turn signal has been activated for a long interval.