Used 2005 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

An "Accurate" Description
By Jim Lipsky

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very pleased with my Acura MDX. I traded up from a V6 Accord Navi and haven't looked back or regretted a thing, short of filling the gas tank daily (I'm a Realtor, and put lots of miles on the car). My invalid father gets in and out easily and clients like the roominess and Navi system. Nice job Honda!

The navi is very easy to use, and I like the safety of having OnStar.

I wish all the windows were Automatic, and the Sunroof too.

Nothing Else will Do
By Jackie Morehead

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My new MDX is the best, it drives so well, turns so well, rides like a dream. I let a friend drive it and they were so impressed. I love my On Star and Navigation they are so good and the blue tooth phone as well as the other phone. I cannot say enough about how wonderful my new Acura MDX is.

On Star and Navigation, all the cup holders, heated seats, lumbar feature, rear camera is the best.

The one thing I know that I like a lot is to make sure the doors lock automatically when you start to drive it is a very good safety feature.

A great minivan alternative
By Hangdog

2005 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the seating for 7. Driving the MDX feels like driving a car, no heavy truck feel. I think I'll stay with this one for a while!

3rd row seat

Add a sunglass holder (similar to the Accord)

Wonderful SUV.
By June

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car we have ever owned (touring & Navi.)! MDX improved a lot from 2001 to 2005 model and I am glad that we waited this long. Although redesign is expected in late 2006, current model has been polished so much. MDX is the best combination of utility, reliability, and comfort compare to other upscale SUVs, I believe. We will be keeping our MDX for a long time.

Rearview camera, On Star, Bose sound system, Navigation, cool blue center console lighting, handling, quietness, cargo space, and simple/clean styling.

HID lights (though I don't have to worry about being stolen), Auto- open/close back cargo door, Better gas mileage would be nice.

Acura Tops (AGAIN!)
By Goulet

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded out of a '97 CL to the '04 MDX and couldn't be happier. Although it was a sad day, it was a happy day also. Recently drove to NC from MA for the US Open and it was a most pleasant drive. Navigation system helped us avoid all the DC traffic on our non-stop trip home. The auxillary hook ups in the rear allow for a iPod to be installed and played continuously for hours (miles). Love my MDX, just wish that there was a way to get a upgrade to get the bluetooth tecnology installed in the '04. Currently don't know of this being available, but other than that, it's a GREAT CAR. I'm an Acura man for LIFE!

Ride, storage, audio and automated wipers and lights, and of course the DVD/Navigation system.

Other than being able to upgrade a previous models audio up to the current bluetooth offering, nothing!