2005 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
TRANSMISSION
By brannguyen on 05/21/12 07:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this from a used Honda dealership-in Marietta, GA, Aug. 2011. Was really excited to own my Acura SUV w/ 3rd row! Honda had a good reputation w/ reliability except for their transmission issue! I didn't realized it until it was too late! I had it checked out by Ed Voyles Acura-Chamblee. They said it was fine & they even did the transmission chip software recall. They found nothing wrong w/ it! They even took it upon themselves to do the FULL 105k service w/ timing belt w/ out getting my approval or trying to figure out what was wrong w/ the transmission. I was really upset! I even rode w/ them to see why it would vibrate at 50-60mph. Of course it wouldn't make that noise.

Great SUV
By jbgraw on 06/22/10 16:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. Plenty of room, hard to fit seven passengers and luggage. excellent fuel economy. 15-18 in town, we consistently get 25-26 on the highway. Average tank is always around 21. Super comfortable on the inside. Great in the winter.

Outstanding Family Vehicle
By IZJ on 09/03/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX is overall a truly outstanding family vehicle. Ours has 74,000 miles of intense use and wear. The balance of comfort, utility, passenger space, cargo room, handling and performance is remarkable. Honda is a packaging genius for figuring out how to create so much space in a reasonably compact vehicle. Acceleration is good for a heavy vehicle. Interior room is excellent and the leather seats are comfortable and durable. Many long road trips have been completed with enjoyment and ease. My wife and I have 3 children, aged 4-11. Gas mileage is solid, 16 city, 24-25 pure highway. An early electrical problem was fixed and we have had no other issues. We will keep our MDX for years.

My Wife Loves this Car
By Big Fan on 12/06/08 23:08 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car. Comfortable seats, quiet, smooth. My wife's friends always ask her to drive because they all love this car. Very reliable - transmission replaced under warranty, no other problems.

A Little Overrated
By VW on 08/21/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I find the MDX to be more hefty and top heavy in driving dynamics than I expected. It's pretty thirsty at 15 MPG city. Engine seems rock solid and smooth. Ride suspension is tuned nicely -- not too firm, not too mushy. Should have HID and lane change signal without having to clicking on the signal arm. Stereo is pretty good quality. XM is nice. Navi and Handsfree link are a little awkward to use.

My favorite vehicle ever owned!!!
By Michael Miers on 08/01/08 10:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX. Nothing wrong with it, and have had no problems. This is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. Bluetooth works great!

2005 MDX Review
By 2005 MDX on 07/05/08 14:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the original style MDX because I just knew the new model wouldn't be as nice. I have never been so happy with a car in my life. It's a wonderful highway cruiser and up in the rockies, it just handles the whoop di doos very solidly, no floating around, just well composed ride. Mileage is 21 highway average at 75 mph and around town 13 (100% stop & go). I got the touring model with nav & the tow package. The AWD works wonderfully. I took it out in the desert near Moabe, Utah and it will go down creeks & up sand banks with ease. In snow it's a joy, give a lot of confidence in any type of bad weather. Reliability has been excellent with only the nav being replaced, have 75K miles

Love This Car!
By Joanne on 06/19/08 07:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in February of 2005. Haven't had one problem with it since! Very reliable and very luxurious. Was coming from a 1998 Toyota Camry LE. Compared it to the Lexus RX 330. While the Lexus was nice, it couldn't fit 3 people across the third row comfortably. But my Acura can. The Bose stereo in my MDX simply superb and this car handles so nicely. The nav system is also extremely easy to use. Like the V6 and the AWD. I also like the visibility that comes with being higher off the ground. Will never buy anything other than an Acura. Unfortunately the gas mileage is around 12 MPG. I do mostly city driving but I was expecting more like 16 from a mid-size SUV with just a V6.

Kumho Tires Transform the MDX
By nIKKIMACH on 04/26/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Michelins lasted 50,000 miles; at that point, I was thinking of trading the car. Too much road noise, and a jarring ride. Then I put on Kumhos and my MDX was transformed. The road noise I disliked was cut in half, the handling got sharper and the ride improved enormously. Replacing the windshield, which we have to do every few years because of grit on the highways in winter, costs a cool thousand bucks. I like the auto wipers, but it would be $500 bucks cheaper without them.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Love It! on 03/22/08 15:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Reliable, smooth drive, great pick-up when needed. All I do is change the oil and rotate the tires. I'm following the maintenance program and I bet this vehicle will last forever!

1 2 3 4 5 next »