MDX=fun, reliable, practical
By MDX Lover on
2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I researched for two years before purchasing this vehicle. I have an ACURA Legend that has remained reliable with over 180k on it. That helped convince me to stick with ACURA in the SUV department. The MDX feels sturdy, and drive very nicely. You have a commanding feel behind the wheel, and good visibility. The navigation system is awesome. It is more than just an expensive toy. It will give you the confidence to venture into unknown territory without trepidation. I once drove an hour down back roads that didn't show on most maps, and I didn't have a clue as to where I was, or how to get out. Then I used the nav, and it guided me precisely and ACURA-tely back to main roads, and home.
Favorite Features
Navigation System, 6 Disk in dash changer, and heated seats. Passenger side mirror that angles down when in reverse, along with the backup camera. Very roomy on the inside.
Suggested Improvements
ACURA should use real wood for inside trim. Seat belt marks plastic badly when let go. Seats should be more sturdy for larger drivers. My driver's seat looks like it has more wear than it should for a vehicle with less than 20k on it.