Best SUV I've owned
By GMZ on
2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We purchased our 2004 MDX w/touring new for 41 grand(about $900 under MSRP). It has been a wonderful vehicle, with a powerful engine, a spacious, functional, and quality built interior. It is very family friendly, with a complaint ride and many cupholders and storage areas. The driving dynamics are also impressive, with balanced steering (though not X5 level) and sporty handling. I have just 1 problem with the MDX. It's interior may be high quality, but lacks some of the classy-look of the BMW X5. The AWD will make for a sure friend, and the MDX handles much better on snow than Lexus RX330. Throw in a bargain price, and it's easily a better buy than the X5, RX, or Pilot which I test drove.
Favorite Features
265 refined horses, good acceleration, smart AWD, smooth ride, versatile interior, room for seven, legendary honda reliability(this is my 7th big H product), good looks, comes fully loaded at base X5 price. Finally, the MDX proves very car-like in nature, a welcome departure from my old Jeep GC.
Suggested Improvements
The fuel economy is just okay. Acura service is not as good as BMW or MB(I have CLK and 750). no Xenon headlights.