2004 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Best SUV I've owned

2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Best SUV I've owned
By GMZ on

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2004 MDX w/touring new for 41 grand(about $900 under MSRP). It has been a wonderful vehicle, with a powerful engine, a spacious, functional, and quality built interior. It is very family friendly, with a complaint ride and many cupholders and storage areas. The driving dynamics are also impressive, with balanced steering (though not X5 level) and sporty handling. I have just 1 problem with the MDX. It's interior may be high quality, but lacks some of the classy-look of the BMW X5. The AWD will make for a sure friend, and the MDX handles much better on snow than Lexus RX330. Throw in a bargain price, and it's easily a better buy than the X5, RX, or Pilot which I test drove.

265 refined horses, good acceleration, smart AWD, smooth ride, versatile interior, room for seven, legendary honda reliability(this is my 7th big H product), good looks, comes fully loaded at base X5 price. Finally, the MDX proves very car-like in nature, a welcome departure from my old Jeep GC.

The fuel economy is just okay. Acura service is not as good as BMW or MB(I have CLK and 750). no Xenon headlights.