2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
My MDX
By PinakinDesai on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent performance overall. The only thing that they could improve upon is the wind noise. I also wish they had not taken away the Sun glass holder. Other than that excellent car.

Pretty Nice
By lovin it on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

After driving the car for over 800 mi, I've finally come to really appreciate the MDX.I did have a major pain in the butt experience (literally) after sitting in the traffic in LA for an 1 1/2 hrs. Every rear end is different, so this is a personal experience & u might not experience the same displeasure. Luckily, for my glut, it has been broken in and the ride is less painful and the drive more pleasurable. Now, I could've bought the XC90 & been whistling Dixie, but the 10k extra, the week engine and lack of off road ablities...didn't sit well.

2004 MDX
By philcosal on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Tried them all and the MDX was the winner. No regrets after 8000 miles. Nav unit simply marvelous - can find about anything any where. Update price a bit stiff. Only nit piks are driver position in respect to steering, girls love it the long legged guys find it less than ideal. Road noise too noticable - gets old after 8 hours of interstate. Detest the service requirement for differential fluid, only available from Acrua/Honda no alternative found, they charge $60 to change - seems a bit pricy. Might not have purchased MDX had I known this in advance. Don't like sold here only deals. Live and learn. 4Runner next choice.

Trading up from ML320 to MDX
By terry woram on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

My previous suv was the Mercedes ML320. After driving the MDX I felt that I was trading up to more features and convenience for the price. Living in the DC area I can not tell you how amazing the GPS is. Also, the camera for backing up is a great feature since I have young children and it is my greatest fear to injure someone while backing up.

Acura MDX Best of the Class
By Mike Schurr on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this car for my wife who had two Toyota Land Cruisers back to back for the past six years. To say the least she loves the MDX as do I. I may not be as big as a Land Cruiser but the build quality, performance and ride are exceptional. The engine is pure Honda, it is barely audible when running but when you put your foot in it the power is fantastic for an SUV. By knowing the dealer cost via Edmunds, visiting one dealer and getting a price via the net we bought the MDX for dealer invoice. Yes it can be done! A great car at a great price, what more could one ask for.

Good family vehicle
By JSR on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, we have had a positive experience with the vehicle. My daughter really enjoys the entertainment system and the third seat. However, one of the front headlights lost its seal, and we expected better initial quality.

clems review
By BigClem on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Drives well...ammenities kina cheap feeling

GREAT SUV FOR THE PRICE
By MICHELEB on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

WE ARE DELIGHTED WITH OUR MDX,THE TOURING PKG OFFERS A LOT COMPARED TO OTHER SUV'S WHICH CHARGE EXTRA FOR EVERYTHING! THE BACK WINDOW SHOULD OPEN TO OFFER GREATER FUNCTION AND THE BACK WINDOWS HAVING THE ABILITY TO "VENT OPEN" WOULD BE A NICE ADDED FEATURE. THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE UPDATED AS TO CURRENT LOCATIONS, IT DOES NOT ALWAYS LIST ACCURATE "PLACES" TO GO. WE LOVE THE HEADSETS FOR THE BACK PASSENGERS, BUT AT $100 A HEADSET, IT ADDS UP TO EQUIP ALL OF THE RUGRATS WITH ONE. SMOOTH RIDE ON ALL ROADS, WE TRAVEL ALOT AND LOVE THE QUIET ENGINE. OVERALL WE ARE VERY IMPRESSED. GREAT SUV AND WE HAVE OWNED AT LEAST 12!

A Vehicle Worth Owning!
By jade6207 on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I researched vehicles on Edmund's for 3 months before finally choosing the MDX. I was definitely not disappointed! It is fun to drive and very comfortable!

Try something else
By rowemowe on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Don't make the same mistake I did. Research this vehicle before you buy. Do a search on Google or Yahoo for "MDX Noise" and you'll see that there is a cronic problem with brake and gas tank noise that is called "normal" by the manufacturer. When you test drive the vehicle, make sure you keep the radio off and have a nearly full tank of gas. Let the car idle forward and hit the brake. If you can live with the sounds of gas sloshing around and the back brake thud, then you won't mind spending 35K - 40K. Also, take a look at all of the Technical Service Bulletins issued by Acura on this vehicle. You can find them at the NHTSA website.