2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
MDX is Great!!!!!!
By Mommys Ride on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My MDX is great! I upgraded from an Acura TL which was also fabulous. The only complaint I have with this vehicle is the braking system. The brakes always seem worn out. I have had them adjusted and tightened several times but still no better. I was told by Acura that this is an ongoing problem for this vehicle and that they are aware of it and trying to come up with a solution. (They dont tell you this at the dealership when shopping for a vehicle) Besides that I love the car. Gas mileage could be a little better only getting 22 highway 16 city. Definately a good buy for the money. Will never switch from Acura!

Best Auto I have ever owned
By Carla M on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy not only the ride and comfort but I love the navigation system and the back up camera. I feel safe and comfortable. I sell real estate and even my customers comment on how nice it looks and feels. The back seats sit up or recline for more comfort. therefore, comfort is enjoyed by all my passengers, not just the front seat one. The visibility is very good as well making it safer to drive. I drove from California to Washington with four adults and everyone enjoyed the car. The Navigation system is awesome. Thank you Acura. Good Job

look out for the brakes
By nema on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The brakes in this car have been a constant problem, thay all make grinding noise after a rain they build up rust if the car is not used in 12 hours (they say this is normal)I have a friend in PA with the same car and the same problem. Brakes have been worked on 3 times, after 2 years the car shows its age in other areas as well. This is my 2nd Acura and will be the last.

My MDX rocks
By Quinnmedicine on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my second Acura vehicle (MDX) and still enjoy every minute i am on the road. The SUV handles very well and the road noise appears insignificant. The Bose speakers are fun to listen to. No problem thus far...

IMPARTIAL
By RPGLIDER on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

EXCELLENT AND USER FRIENDLY NAVIGATIONAL SYTEM I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS RATED BELLOW AVERAGE OFF-ROAD WHEN I HAVE PUT THIS SUV THROUGH THE RINGER ON MOUNTAIN TERRANE UP AND DOWN WITH SNOW ICE AND MUD WITHOUT EVER A PROBLEM! I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER IT BOTHERS ME TO SEE OTHER LESS CAPABLE SUV'S MAKE THE 13 BEST LIST HAVING RENTED AND DRIVEN THEM UNDER THE SAME CONDITIONS AND KNOWING THAT THEY DON'T HOLD A CANCLE TO THIS VEHICLE! WHY IS IT THAT THIS BRAND DOESNT GET ANY RESPECT EXCEPT FROM THE ACTUAL OWNERS?

Love this car!
By mjcw on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After a year of researching and debating, my husband and I just bought this car, and could not be happier! The MDX is not only incredibly nice looking inside and out, but also drives like silk. There is an underlying reliability factor that comes from its Honda roots - and I feel both safe and very comfortable inside. We looked at the Pilot, Highlander, and Audi wagons and came full circle back to the MDX. End of the year sales discounts were worth the wait! Buy one - you won't be disappointed.

beautiful car
By planet plumbing on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

beautiful car, but thought it would be better on gas mileage, sticker stated 17/ 23 and that is not the case it is more like 14.7/18. also the car is very sleak on the outside but would be better with some door gaurds so when others hit your door you dont end up with a very expensive dent. also navi gets stuck sometimes and you have to restart the car to even use the ac properly. and window locks are dumb because you cant let the passenger control the window without enableling your kids to do so to.

More Bang for your Buck
By terp97 on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The SUV is great! My and wife and i have been looking at SUV for about a year know and were in no rush to purchase one. We have driven everything from the full size to the crossovers. Yukon/Tahoe, Armada, FX35, X5, Discovery, ML350 and Pathfinder. None come close to the value and options you get in the MDX. Take your time and drive them all! The MDX was the last SUV we looked at and ended up being the one!

Acura makes the best SUV
By MGZ on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent Suv. Only the 85K Range Rover compares.After test- driving the Toureag,X5,ML350,PIlot,GX470,Land Crusier, and XC90, the MDx was my choice due to having the best combination of on and off road performance,features, styling in and out,dashboard layout,prestige,reliability,and value. I think that I spent my 46K well(It's the best SUV in the segment).I love my Acura.

The Best car in the whole entire World
By fdjksgh on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Wonderful, Drives Great, My Mom needs it when she drives it