2004 Acura MDX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2004 MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Sort Reviews by

FINALLY, The Near Perfect SUV
By Mother of Kam & Aly

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With a 16 year old high school football player and a carpool of 13 year old girl soccer players, this vehicle is perfect for me! With seating for 7 (including the driver), I always have room for "one more." I traded in my Mercedes SUV for an SUV that drives like a car, is reliable mechanically, is confortable, useful and looks great!

Favorite Features

The fold downe third row is excellent. The fact that the seat is split allows for even greater seating and cargo arrangements. Couldn't be better. I am very dependent on my Navigation System, living in the Metro Washington DC area has never been better. Everyone should have one!!!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders could be improved but it's a minor issue for the family.

MDX
By LV2LEND

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX!! This is my 3rd Acura and I love everything about this car. before purchasing this model, my husband was pushing for the Lexus GX. This car has so many wonderful features, that the Lexus couldn't compete and the price was right!!

Favorite Features

I love how the 3rd row flips down allowing for more space and the back up camera

Suggested Improvements

Better Fuel Efficiency

Owner'scomments on 2004 MDX' uality
By M.D. Bloom

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded a 2003 Acura in for a 2004 Acura because I left a lease for a full purchase. Both of these vehicles are superb in handling and reliability. I traveled 17000 miles in the 2003 and never returned to the dealer except for routine maintenance. These cars surely represent Honda's reputation for quality.

Favorite Features

Navigation system AWD The numeropus options included in the purchase price

Suggested Improvements

My only disappointment was that an item which, according to the brochure was to be included ibn the option package was charged as an additional accessory. The item in question is thecargo tray which was to includedd in the protection package and was charged as a separate option.

Gerry 1
By brnpoodle

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the MDX to Loas Angeles a week after purchase. Mileage was 24 mpg, over rated amount. Performance was much better than my previous SUV. Actually recieved higher mileage than any tank in prior SUV and longer range than prior vehicle.

Favorite Features

GPS

Suggested Improvements

Drivers seat should back up automatically when exiting the car for ease of exit. Tilt sterring wheel could be improved.

Great Car and truck
By reineerbrad

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very car-like ride. This SUV is a fun to drive alternative for us fathers that need to drive a mini-van but don't want to be seen in one; then you have AWD to boot! Once inside you forget you are driving a large vehicle and you feel like you can disolve the road ahead with it's handling and comfort. Great curves, handling, room, with a shape to match. Even has pleanty of room for our large dog.

Favorite Features

Nav system, strong engine, interior trim, quietness, ride.

Suggested Improvements

More simple middle 2nd and rear seat- bealt use. Sliding 2nd row. Panoramic sun-roof while maintaining strucural integrity.

Good looking workhorse
By flm

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Solid, ruggedly attractive, inspires confidence.

Favorite Features

navigation system/voice activation/rear back-up camera/exterior style and color

Suggested Improvements

get rid of the fake wood panel look in the cockpit

Acura MDX Rules the Road
By simsix

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An absolute gem! A pleasure in every sense of the word. Dependable, very comfortable, fantastic in every way. We had a 32 inch blizzard..... it performed flawlessly. Never got stuck and I was out for hours just playing in the drifts and unplowed parking lots and roads. I have owned 3 full size American 4 wheel drives (Dodge Ramchargers, just like Chevy Blazer or Ford Bronco). This performed just about as well.

Suggested Improvements

Install small triangular operable window in the corner of the front windows.

Stable, reliable, multi-functional
By twriter

2004 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove other SUVs and understood why so many tip over. Probably because it's on the Honda Odessy frame (lower, wider track), The MDX feels solid and corners without the sense that you are going to tip over. Excellent 0-60 acceleration - but you will stop showing off when you have to put gas in it. So-so mileage around town - excellent highway mileage. Very good 'visibility'. Good multi-function usability - whether going to the theater, taking the dogs to the vet, or loading up at Home Depot - it is flexible. I was worried because I was going up from an Integra - with lots of handling and performance - but I have not been disappointed.

Favorite Features

Appearance, performance, stability, reliability (spends more time in my garage than at the dealer), and functionality.

Suggested Improvements

Seat belts (shoulder harness) are not very comfortable - expecially for a woman. Perhaps more adjustments would help. Increase gas mileage without affecting performance.

As good as it gets
By Laura Mae

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have put 1200 miles on this car, including a 550 mile trip. Highway mileage was 23, in town about 16-17. Solid, good ride, excellent nav system. Seat bottom is firmer than I like but not bad. The ride and handling are very good. The engine is very strong and quiet. Rear camera is great when backing up. Sufficient storage for odds and ends. Dash lights are very nice but interior could be a bit more luxurious for the money. Don't need running boards to get in/out easily. This is my first SUV. I was seriously considering a Lincoln Aviator because of the huge discounts but decided on the Acura because of the better mileage excellent quality and resale value.

Favorite Features

Navigation system and backup camera. Power, ride and handling. Simple option packages.

Suggested Improvements

Softer seat bottoms. Side mouldings should be standard.

2004 MDX
By wine4et

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love the car. We looked at the RX 330 - too small, Tahoe - too big, Infiniti FX too small, and highlander too small. The Pilot is comparable in many ways but too plain inside and no sunroof. This car has great power, and comfort. We have had for 4 months and have 7000 miles. No regrets.

Favorite Features

My wife loves the Nav and uses it daily for work

Suggested Improvements

Add power rear door like the Lexus RX 330, better gas mileage.