Used 2004 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Nice Vehicle
By tfmeisen

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I decided that I wanted a luxury SUV. I drove several different types and I believe that the Acura MDX is one of the best vehicles for your money on the market today. It has the size, and space of an SUV, but rides like a luxury car. The interior is plush and the features are great and easy to use. I had every option except for the navigation and DVD player. It had plenty of power and still got good gas mileage, on a long trip I could get over 22 mpg which is incredible considering the size. The only problems I had: the cruise control broke, and I somehow broke the front motor mount and it was expensive. The other downside is the vehicle has to be serviced by Acura for most things.

Favorite Features

Great stereo, steering wheel controls, comfortable seats, rear climate control, 3rd road seat, all the controls are easily accessible and easy to use. Good engine and gas mileage. Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

None, this car is almost perfect.

2004 MDX reliable after 100,000
By Terry

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my car for 4 years and reached 100,000 miles on it and still a great car to drive and dependable. Only changing the oil and brake pads. No problems with maintenance. This car is amazing while in town or traveling on vacation on the highway. Its an All Weather car also. Forget Toyota or Nissan, Acura has definitely made a quality car to last a long time.

Favorite Features

Lumbar seat and steering and handling.

Suggested Improvements

After 100,000 believe it or not, no improvements to mention. I am impressed with Acura having a car build to last above 100,000.

Excellent car to own and drive
By Midlifemom

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive 40K a year. Perfect vehicle. Decent mileage (20.5 on highway). Will not tip like Sequoia, 4Runner. Excellent in rain, snow. Excellent sound. Very perfect vision all around for driving safety. Good in curves, swerving. Mirrors great, melt snow. Tows my boat great, out of steep ramps. Windshield banked so no chips from rocks. Fog lights catch deer on dark highway at night for you, safer. Passes fine. Pick up fine. Looks pretty. Never, never, never screws up. Have never had to have it fixed. I have 113,000 miles. Very fine car, recommend it. Others I have had are Yukon, Sequoia, Mercedes, Volvo.

Favorite Features

Reliable, well designed. Totally reliable and incredibly well designed. Nothing flashy, but so many things are great. Seats fold down in 1 second. Third row up in 1 second. Thing works every single day, over and over and over. One heck of a fine machine. Great design.

Suggested Improvements

Interior is not as pretty as it could be. Use less cheesy wood stuff, and richer leather. Use nicer stuff on interior a little. Looks too austere. And, new ones are too male looking - not so nice for ladies. I don't like the new look of the MDX as much as the old ones. But terrific car overall.

A great SUV
By lgq2001

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got it at 160k. It ran and drove very well. Now it has 190k. No any problems and still runs like new. I really like it.

I'd buy another X
By kevman1

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the perfect vehicle for me because: 1. I drive 45 miles to work, so the 25 mpg I get (driving gently) is great. 2. I can fit anything I need to inside, since it can accommodate boards/items 4' wide. 3. I love the way it looks. 4. It was cheaper than all the other SUVs I was looking at. 5. I've had NO major issues with it for 78k miles. 6. I can perform my own maintenance (all 4 fluid changes).

Favorite Features

Easy folding 2nd row seats and FLAT folding 3rd row seats. Relatively easy access for me to perform my own maintenace. Large storage area for a mid-size SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Dual climate control, rear HVAC that remembers its setting after the engine has been shut off, item compartment (including sunglasses) in roof, rear liftgate that opens with the push of a button, buttons on wheel that light up.