2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
ted
By ted tummins on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

ok with overall performance

still great
By stewiel on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2002 MDX and it was hit by truck while I was in it. Frame and car held up with a 35 mph hit to pasenger side. Walked away, without a problem. So, I naturally bought another. This one's even better. You can't find a better SUV. I've had Ford, Jeep...can't come close to this.

Acuras are the best
By Madd Dawg on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great vehicle. Buy Honda

Very solid
By alg863 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Extremely solid, well-built, fun to drive SUV. Feels like a car. Memory seats work well given my wife and I both drive it. Very good road trip vehicle with kids.

Fun to drive Acura
By ldnhpnc on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most pleasurable vehicle to drive that I have ever owned. It handles like a fine European road car on country roads and is sophisticated and smooth on highways. There is a great blend of performance and economy for an SUV that weighs 4500 pounds with all wheel drive.

A Lot of Bang for the Buck!
By Milt Payton on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My MDX handles extremely well in city traffic. For a large vehicle it is quite nimble. The climate control system is able to keep the vehicle comfortable with the sun roof open. The sound system is great with a killer sub-woofer. It a very convenient SUV to drive with all of the standard features like automatic wipers that turn on and change their speed automatically. The same is true of the lights that come on automatically although the should come on automatically when the windshield wipers are working to enable compliance with our state law. The seats are very comfortable especially on long trips. It has more features that my wife's BMW X5 at a lower cost and better city handling.

I love it
By T mom on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at MB, BMW, Toyota Sequioa, and bought this because of ease of driving. Luxorious interior. Smooth, quiet ride. Great seating avail. in 3rd row. Big back seat! Great maintenance plan! I love the wood grain dash. I didn't get NAV system, and I wish I would have. Love the DVD/TV though.

mpg stinks at 14mpg
By gtotgrufff on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

performance and 3 across in back seat

FINALLY, The Near Perfect SUV
By Mother of Kam & Aly on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With a 16 year old high school football player and a carpool of 13 year old girl soccer players, this vehicle is perfect for me! With seating for 7 (including the driver), I always have room for "one more." I traded in my Mercedes SUV for an SUV that drives like a car, is reliable mechanically, is confortable, useful and looks great!

Owner'scomments on 2004 MDX' uality
By M.D. Bloom on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded a 2003 Acura in for a 2004 Acura because I left a lease for a full purchase. Both of these vehicles are superb in handling and reliability. I traveled 17000 miles in the 2003 and never returned to the dealer except for routine maintenance. These cars surely represent Honda's reputation for quality.