2004 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Crash tested with flying colors
By dscott on 02/03/05 01:33 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX - it makes me feel really safe when I drive it. I'd had it 3 months with 4K miles when another driver crossed the median and hit me head on (he was uninsured, but that's another story). All the airbags deployed - front, side curtain, passenger. Other than a slightly burned hand from the deploying airbags, and the accompanying muscle aches and pains, I walked away in one piece. All the safety features, including the airbags, did their thing, absorbing the impact. My next vehicle will definitely be another MDX.

Great
By sro100 on 01/05/05 22:44 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love the MDX. Highly recommended.

Great Car
By billwsps on 12/28/04 17:52 PM (PST)

Great Car all around

GOOD COLLEGE KID CAR
By Crystal on 12/11/04 10:16 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is excellent for a child going off to college and not knowing the area. The navigation system is very handy and the pressure sensitive tires have an icon that idicated when the tire pressure it low. Though, keep in mind just because the pressure is low doesnt mean there is a nail in the tire. The only fault I would have to say is the camera which comes on the navigation screen when you back up. Objects are closer then they appear and i'll just leave it at that.

One Great "SUV"
By Emile Riendeau on 12/02/04 19:35 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle rides and handles like a luxury car. It is a great value because it comes with so many standard features. It was $8,000.00 less than a Lexus GX470 & the BMW X5. Seats are extremely confortable and the navigation system is user friendly. a joy to drive everyday. The dealer options available really dress this vehicle up.

need improvement
By chaunam on 11/16/04 18:04 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

uncomfortable,vibration problems, opening on headlights, service department have a lot excuses and stories,

I LOVE this car!
By LoopyL10 on 11/16/04 01:30 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a Ford Explorer for 6 years, I think I died and went to heaven once we purchased the MDX! A smooth, comfortable ride, good gas mileage for its size and plenty of room. Great power, a fun car to drive and own. I highly recommend over the Volvo, you won't regret this purchase! If you are considering the Pilot try spurging on the MDX; a much more luxurious, better riding SUV.

My First Luxury SUV
By myfirstacura on 11/07/04 21:56 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We recently traded in our 2003 Suzuki XL7 Limited for a brand-new 2004 MDX Premium package since it was closeout to make room for 05s. What can I say - I absolutely love this car! The seats are awesome and there is very little body roll. The interior design and materials quality is much better than the SRX and is almost as good as the RX330. Overall, we are getting about 16-17 MPG in the city right now.

Love this vehicle, it fits my busy life
By kelshine on 11/07/04 14:35 PM (PST)

Great SUV! Fun to drive, love the flexibilty it offers from carrying 7 people to schlepping bicycles in the rear, to hauling a boxed full size washer in the back. Very easy to lay down seats to gain full access to cargo area. The DVD was great on vacation with the girls, not once did we hear, "Are we there yet??" I love the back up camera, very helpful when small children are around to make sure is is safe to back up. Love the 77 inch width on SUV, I feel very safe, even when windy on highways not getting blown over! Only complaint, I have had 3 dead mice inside my blower in 4 months! Have had to take to dealership to have them removed. This makes our 4th Honda vehicle since 1986.

My Opinions
By Garnich on 11/07/04 11:28 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very pleased with this vehicle. It delivers everything that it promises. It is peppy, comfortable and very driveable.