Used 2004 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Pretty nice I'd say
By AM4TA

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My mom just bought this car for herself a little while ago and it came with the GPS system which is the best feature out of all in my opinion, especially for the out of town trips. It drives pretty decent but will not make you bounce back in your seat. The driver's seat however needs to get fixed because the back of the seat isn't straight, it's at an angle which causes my back to slide down toward the right side all the time and I can't position myself straight. Also the right exhaust pipe is hanging a little lower than the left one but that shouldn't be a problem. Other than that the car is pretty nice. Not a standout but not a car that people will hate either.

GPS, rear backup camera, in dash 6-disk CD changer, 8-speaker Bose sound system with a nice subwoofer, sunroof, sophisticated AWD system, 5-speed automatic tranny, power everything, fold flat 3rd. row, running boards, and a pretty nice ride.

A little more power and maybe make the AWD system a bit more simple but that's just my opinion. The all new MDX should fit most of my specs.

dew outlook
By don

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had a noise in rear wheel bearings or Whatever? since new nothing has happened just noisy. Dealer is great changed wheel bearing no charge twice. Once in peoria and last time in naperville. Its ok for a while then the noise is back. I probably will change to another SUV because of this noise. The Acura is excellant with this exception. don

Good nav system, but I have a hard time getting an update.

dash layout I like the Lexus style and the rear seat access. I really don't know how to improve but this should get improved.

Paul's Acura MDX Driving impressions
By Paul

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2004 Acura MDX Touring with Entertainment system has been one of the best vehicles I've owned in any class and absolutely the best SUV to date. Comfort, reliability, ergonomics and a lot better than average SUV handling hi-light its many features.

I would say reliability is paramount to me, handling and knowing that everything is going to work the first time when I need to use it.

The styling is a bit dated. But a new look is in store for 2008. Hopefully along with that new look will come better gas mileage, performance and braking as they all need improvement. Toyota has made greater progress in its SUV's with fuel economy than Acura where all models grave the good stuff.

Great SUV
By snaser

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Accura MDX is a great SUV for the family & fun to drive alone. It is the perfect size & height...not too big. The lines are sexy and sleek, I love the heated seats (which I use all year round). It is comfortable and dependable.

Style & Comfort

Make navigation standard

The anti-mini van!
By Erica

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2002 Expedition Eddie Bauer for the brand new 2004 MDX and haven't looked back! I am not a believer because I have 3 kids I need to be driving a mini van! We have hauled wood, furniture, and kids stuff with our luxury SUV. I get many great comments about my truck from all ages! I still save money on gas regardless of having to buy premium gas vs. the regular gas my V8 Expedition used. The 5 of us drove to NY from GA and was comfortable the entire trip. As a prior Honda owner, I have always wanted an Acura and am happy I made the decision to buy one. The one regret I have is not getting navigation. My husband now is considering selling his precious Mustang GT convertible for a TL.

Right mirror adjusts when in reverse,, great Bose sound system, 3rd row hides in the floor, wood trim, drives like a car instead of an SUV.

Lighted steering wheel controls, more leg room in the 3rd row, remove the blue lights on the rearview mirror as they are useless.