2004 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews 4

2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
I FEEL LIKE IM DRIVING A BUS
By GOLEXUS on 03/20/05 10:01 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I should have done more homework before buying this vehicle. It is very reliable, because it is built by Honda, otherwise it is horrible. The seats are hard and get VERY uncomfortable on trips. It is very big, not smooth, and needs a better turing radius. It also gets horrible gas mileage, about 16 mpg. I have driven my sisters RX330 and found it is very comforatable and feels like you are driving on a cloud.Plus it has a great turning radius, and the service is great! It also gets 25mpg. Dont buy the MDX, it you want performance and dependable luxury, go to Lexus. I cant wait for my lease to end, to purchase the RX330

MDX=fun, reliable, practical
By MDX Lover on 03/12/05 09:53 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I researched for two years before purchasing this vehicle. I have an ACURA Legend that has remained reliable with over 180k on it. That helped convince me to stick with ACURA in the SUV department. The MDX feels sturdy, and drive very nicely. You have a commanding feel behind the wheel, and good visibility. The navigation system is awesome. It is more than just an expensive toy. It will give you the confidence to venture into unknown territory without trepidation. I once drove an hour down back roads that didn't show on most maps, and I didn't have a clue as to where I was, or how to get out. Then I used the nav, and it guided me precisely and ACURA-tely back to main roads, and home.

Crash tested with flying colors
By dscott on 02/03/05 01:33 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX - it makes me feel really safe when I drive it. I'd had it 3 months with 4K miles when another driver crossed the median and hit me head on (he was uninsured, but that's another story). All the airbags deployed - front, side curtain, passenger. Other than a slightly burned hand from the deploying airbags, and the accompanying muscle aches and pains, I walked away in one piece. All the safety features, including the airbags, did their thing, absorbing the impact. My next vehicle will definitely be another MDX.

Great
By sro100 on 01/05/05 22:44 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love the MDX. Highly recommended.

Great Car
By billwsps on 12/28/04 17:52 PM (PST)

Great Car all around

GOOD COLLEGE KID CAR
By Crystal on 12/11/04 10:16 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is excellent for a child going off to college and not knowing the area. The navigation system is very handy and the pressure sensitive tires have an icon that idicated when the tire pressure it low. Though, keep in mind just because the pressure is low doesnt mean there is a nail in the tire. The only fault I would have to say is the camera which comes on the navigation screen when you back up. Objects are closer then they appear and i'll just leave it at that.

One Great "SUV"
By Emile Riendeau on 12/02/04 19:35 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle rides and handles like a luxury car. It is a great value because it comes with so many standard features. It was $8,000.00 less than a Lexus GX470 & the BMW X5. Seats are extremely confortable and the navigation system is user friendly. a joy to drive everyday. The dealer options available really dress this vehicle up.

need improvement
By chaunam on 11/16/04 18:04 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

uncomfortable,vibration problems, opening on headlights, service department have a lot excuses and stories,

I LOVE this car!
By LoopyL10 on 11/16/04 01:30 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a Ford Explorer for 6 years, I think I died and went to heaven once we purchased the MDX! A smooth, comfortable ride, good gas mileage for its size and plenty of room. Great power, a fun car to drive and own. I highly recommend over the Volvo, you won't regret this purchase! If you are considering the Pilot try spurging on the MDX; a much more luxurious, better riding SUV.

My First Luxury SUV
By myfirstacura on 11/07/04 21:56 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We recently traded in our 2003 Suzuki XL7 Limited for a brand-new 2004 MDX Premium package since it was closeout to make room for 05s. What can I say - I absolutely love this car! The seats are awesome and there is very little body roll. The interior design and materials quality is much better than the SRX and is almost as good as the RX330. Overall, we are getting about 16-17 MPG in the city right now.