Used 2004 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 226 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

I'd buy another X
By kevman1

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the perfect vehicle for me because: 1. I drive 45 miles to work, so the 25 mpg I get (driving gently) is great. 2. I can fit anything I need to inside, since it can accommodate boards/items 4' wide. 3. I love the way it looks. 4. It was cheaper than all the other SUVs I was looking at. 5. I've had NO major issues with it for 78k miles. 6. I can perform my own maintenance (all 4 fluid changes).

Easy folding 2nd row seats and FLAT folding 3rd row seats. Relatively easy access for me to perform my own maintenace. Large storage area for a mid-size SUV.

Dual climate control, rear HVAC that remembers its setting after the engine has been shut off, item compartment (including sunglasses) in roof, rear liftgate that opens with the push of a button, buttons on wheel that light up.

Bland
By Thomas O'malley

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I travel a lot and rent every kind of SUV to use for business around this country for work. When I get home I really appreciate everything about the MDX except the mileage. It stinks. I get 14 mpg consistently (no matter how I try to feather it) around town, but on the highway I easily get 22-24 mpg. It is quick compared to all SUVs I have driven. Plenty of room for 3 in the backseat (2 carseats and me).

Heated seats and steering wheel controls

Gas mpg and handling.

Pretty nice I'd say
By AM4TA

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My mom just bought this car for herself a little while ago and it came with the GPS system which is the best feature out of all in my opinion, especially for the out of town trips. It drives pretty decent but will not make you bounce back in your seat. The driver's seat however needs to get fixed because the back of the seat isn't straight, it's at an angle which causes my back to slide down toward the right side all the time and I can't position myself straight. Also the right exhaust pipe is hanging a little lower than the left one but that shouldn't be a problem. Other than that the car is pretty nice. Not a standout but not a car that people will hate either.

GPS, rear backup camera, in dash 6-disk CD changer, 8-speaker Bose sound system with a nice subwoofer, sunroof, sophisticated AWD system, 5-speed automatic tranny, power everything, fold flat 3rd. row, running boards, and a pretty nice ride.

A little more power and maybe make the AWD system a bit more simple but that's just my opinion. The all new MDX should fit most of my specs.

dew outlook
By don

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had a noise in rear wheel bearings or Whatever? since new nothing has happened just noisy. Dealer is great changed wheel bearing no charge twice. Once in peoria and last time in naperville. Its ok for a while then the noise is back. I probably will change to another SUV because of this noise. The Acura is excellant with this exception. don

Good nav system, but I have a hard time getting an update.

dash layout I like the Lexus style and the rear seat access. I really don't know how to improve but this should get improved.

Paul's Acura MDX Driving impressions
By Paul

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2004 Acura MDX Touring with Entertainment system has been one of the best vehicles I've owned in any class and absolutely the best SUV to date. Comfort, reliability, ergonomics and a lot better than average SUV handling hi-light its many features.

I would say reliability is paramount to me, handling and knowing that everything is going to work the first time when I need to use it.

The styling is a bit dated. But a new look is in store for 2008. Hopefully along with that new look will come better gas mileage, performance and braking as they all need improvement. Toyota has made greater progress in its SUV's with fuel economy than Acura where all models grave the good stuff.