2004 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great Vehicle
By Nice Vehicle on 01/05/06 23:00 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very satisfied owner after 18 months. Great combination of utility, quality, performance, and reliability. Recently completed a long holiday trip in inclement weather, which highlighted this vehicle's value proposition---car handled great, giving the driver (me) reassuring confidence, while four other family members stretched out comfortably to snooze, leaving room to spare for holiday luggage/gifts. No regrets thus far on this purchase.

Best SUV I've owned
By GMZ on 01/03/06 09:34 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2004 MDX w/touring new for 41 grand(about $900 under MSRP). It has been a wonderful vehicle, with a powerful engine, a spacious, functional, and quality built interior. It is very family friendly, with a complaint ride and many cupholders and storage areas. The driving dynamics are also impressive, with balanced steering (though not X5 level) and sporty handling. I have just 1 problem with the MDX. It's interior may be high quality, but lacks some of the classy-look of the BMW X5. The AWD will make for a sure friend, and the MDX handles much better on snow than Lexus RX330. Throw in a bargain price, and it's easily a better buy than the X5, RX, or Pilot which I test drove.

2 Years of Flawless Ownership
By PC MDX on 12/28/05 15:33 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have to admit. This is my first SUV, and it is the best on the market by far. I have had no issues, no complaints, and dealer service as been good as well. Buyers of SUV's should evaluate before purchasing, since it took me 3 months to decide between the Lexus RX, the MDX, and the Pilot. The MDX has the best overall performance, features, turning radius and off road ability as comparable to the Pilot. If a person would like to have simple styling, then go with the Pilot. Better exterior styling then go with the MDX, which was the deciding factor for me.

It's the ultimate driver's machine
By carmin ator on 07/14/05 22:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX is the ultimate driver's machine. The "ultimate driving machine" might be good for short hops from the mansion to the golf course. But the MDX is perfect for hauling 6 humans and luggage for a 10 day road-trip. Handling is crisp and taut. Interior room is adequate for 6 - if you put the kids in the last row. The convenience package is adequate neither underwhelming nor overwhelming. The safety features crumple zones, breakaway mounts, full curtain side airbags, etc. are uptodate. Mileage was a paltry 12-13mpg street and 20-25 hwy. For absolute comfort buy the Navigator; for raw power buy the X5. But if you're on a budget and want an all-round SUV that's awesome to drive buy the MDX.

Couldn't ask for more.
By minnie on 07/07/05 15:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good acceleration, extremely stable handling, slightly less poorer milage than expected, excellent fit and finish. This car has been extremely reliable and has amazing safety statistics.

I Love My MDX
By lvernacc on 06/18/05 17:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my MDX a year ago after researching and test driving all comparable SUV's. I chose the MDX for the roominess, feel and gas mileage. By far this vehicle handles better than any other in it's class. There is plenty of leg room in all three rows and comes standard with front and side airbags. I would recommend this car to everyone. It comes in handy for traveling with children and teenagers.

Perfect, but no Hybrid
By TJP on 06/16/05 14:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We're had our Premium model for almost a year, and we've thoroughly enjoyed it to date. No problems, as you'd expect from a Honda product, excellent comfort and room, and decent power. Fuel economy never has been above 19 mpg, however, despite highway only jaunts. Admittedly, these have been at high speeds (75-80 mph), at which drag would be substantial for a vehicle this size. If we wanted maximum fuel economy, we'd have gotten a Jetta diesel with a trailer for our stuff. For our needs, the MDX has been perfect

Pretty Good - but NOT perfect !
By Baltimore Owner on 06/13/05 17:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought in Nov 2004 as leftover - got excellent deal (below invoice). Vehicle has had several problems since then: 1. Tire(s): Touring was supposed to have Michelin ONE of the 4 tires was a GOODYEAR !! (dealer fixed) 2. Despite VERY VERY gentle driving, developed shimmy at 7k miles and had brake rotors cut (dealer fixed) 3. Interior speaker cover fell off spontaneously (dealer fixed) 4. Headliner rattles VERY loudly on left side when going over large bumps or RR tracks - Dealer could NOT fix ..

I FEEL LIKE IM DRIVING A BUS
By GOLEXUS on 03/20/05 10:01 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I should have done more homework before buying this vehicle. It is very reliable, because it is built by Honda, otherwise it is horrible. The seats are hard and get VERY uncomfortable on trips. It is very big, not smooth, and needs a better turing radius. It also gets horrible gas mileage, about 16 mpg. I have driven my sisters RX330 and found it is very comforatable and feels like you are driving on a cloud.Plus it has a great turning radius, and the service is great! It also gets 25mpg. Dont buy the MDX, it you want performance and dependable luxury, go to Lexus. I cant wait for my lease to end, to purchase the RX330

MDX=fun, reliable, practical
By MDX Lover on 03/12/05 09:53 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I researched for two years before purchasing this vehicle. I have an ACURA Legend that has remained reliable with over 180k on it. That helped convince me to stick with ACURA in the SUV department. The MDX feels sturdy, and drive very nicely. You have a commanding feel behind the wheel, and good visibility. The navigation system is awesome. It is more than just an expensive toy. It will give you the confidence to venture into unknown territory without trepidation. I once drove an hour down back roads that didn't show on most maps, and I didn't have a clue as to where I was, or how to get out. Then I used the nav, and it guided me precisely and ACURA-tely back to main roads, and home.