2004 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
2004 MDX w/ Nav
By ovation00 on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's been about 3 wks since I pick up my 04 mdx. The engine has just broken in and I started pushing it more. This vehicle drives, handles quite well and is quite. I like the easy-to-use buttons and simple interior. It looks wonderful with satin finish side step, rear spoiler, and wide side moldings. There are a couple of glitches to be fixed such as faulty tire pressure light (TPMS) and low clicking sound from the break pedal.

lovin it
By pny on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great new truck but fuel economy is averaging only 13.7 mpg other than that this suv is a dream to drive I had the sony dvd installed in it and it to me beats the pant's off the Lexus suv's thay nose dive around every corner I know because when I take my wife's lexus in for service I get one as a loner and have put it through the test and it fails compaired to the MDX

I love my MDX
By shannon williams on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX is an excellent SUV. The rear view camera is great for me when parking and the Navigation system is so easy to understand and use. The MDX gives you a comfortable ride, with seating capacity of seven adults, thanks to third row seat. The sound system is very enjoyable. My only regret now is that I did not get the DVD Entertainment System.

King of the hill.
By mchen007 on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The best SUV on the market. This is our second MDX in the family. We laso have a 2002 MDX Tour & Nav and was extremely happy. That's why we went out and got another one. We purchased the 2004 MDX tour, nav, and dvd ent in aspen pearl white. Amazingly, honda/acura managed to improve on previous models with more power, smoother ride, better handling, and sportier design. And the numerous toys to play with inside amaze me. Great suv!! They managed to squeeze four disc players into the suv (Nav DVD player, 6 disc cd changer, single disc in dash cd player, and DVD movie player... Awesome. Oh yeah, rear view camera is cool too.

Best SUV in class
By Blades on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best SUV on the market, feature for feature, dollar for dollar! There are more expensive SUV's! SUV's with more snob appeal, but that don't feed the Bulldog! They cannot carry hardly anything internally or compare with the Honda's ULEV motor! I would not trade mine which I use as a commercial vehicle for any other SUV on the market!

The Greatest SUV I've Ever Owned
By Acura Lover on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Better than the X5 I used to own. We're planning to get a second one when my wife's Volvo X70 lease is up. The kid's love the room and enjoy the option of having their own row with the seven passenger seating. The performance and handling on the MDX is like a fine performance car. The four wheel drive is seemless and the gas mileage blows my former X5 away. I had to wait for the MDX since it's the most popular SUV in it's class, but trust me, it's so worth it. Dollar for dollar, you just can't beat it. It has features that come standard that the X5 just couldn't touch. If you're in NJ, definitely go to DCH Montclair Acura.

almost perfect
By jehmd on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Everything is great with my 04 mdx except one annoying problem. Excessive muffler noise @ low RPM.

2004 Acura MDX Fast & Fun
By bigJoe on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura with Mitsu tires drives like a dream. The unit is quiet, starts and accelerates very quickly and smoothly. I liked the fact that it's the only SUV with the governments ultra clean engine certification. The other thing I like about acura is there's only a few options.. most eveything is standard. Dual exhaust looks sharp I got the optional side boards for an added touch. excellent paint and fit and a standard sunroof are a plus. Front wheel drive with auto 4 wheel makes it sure footed in slipery weather.

Bad Start
By snobny on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

After buying my car on Saturday night, Monday afternoon I was going home from work when my car wouldn't start. I ended up haveing it towed to the nearest Acura dealership. This is my second MDX and never had a problem with my first one. I ended up haveing a new navigation system, a whole new computer and ect. put in my car after 300 miles. Acura did take care of me by giving me a car to drive in the mean time, but it just wasn't the same. Now, everythings okay just got off to a bad start.

Awsome Car!
By susieqz on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has got to be the best I have ever owned. I love everything about it. It drives like a dream. The sound system is great. The cabin is quiet. The seats are comfortable. It does just as advertised on gas mileage--even when using less than premium. It has every gadget I could ever want.