Used 2004 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Never Better
By Michael Norwich

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX has very good gas mileage for the type of SUV.It's very practical and nice. Its as comfortable as any other car. I love it. The car could use a better bumper for door dings, though.

The A/C is nice and the seating is super.

Like I said there should be a better bumper.

Just Got Mine
By chrisinoc

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I picked mine up after a 2 week wait. I was very impressed by all the features this SUV has. I did extensive research on all the SUVs and concluded this was the best one for the money. There may be others with a better look, faster, or plusher interior but none so well rounded.

Navigation system, without a doubt, and great sound system.

Less than stated MPG but that will improve as I get used to the vehicle.

Just Love It.......
By gohogsgo

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a loaded MDX last October and have loved everything almost everything about it. The only thing that has gone wrong with the car is one of the headlight bulbs burned out at 6k miles. Of course this was under warranty but a hassel none the less. It is a fun car to drive. The kids just love the dvd and we love the headphones! Another thing I should mention is that the nav system isn't as current as I would have expected. The neighborhood that we live in was built in 1999 and is not in the system. Also my office which has been open since 1997 isn't in there either. The software could use some updating.

GPS NAV

Update NAV Software!!

Better than our Lexus
By Bootstau

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX has surpased my expectations. The ride is quite and extemely comfortable. We had a Lexus RX 300 and it was smaller and did not have the same power. It handles great and has surprising excelleration.The interior is set up great. Plenty of room even in the third row seats.

Interior design is our favorite feature. It is very easy to operate. The third row seats are very comfortable and there is plenty of room for adults.

The two front seats could use an arm rest on the inside. There could be more power outlets. Air/ Heat vents are need for the third row seats.

Love my MDX
By TNMDX

We purchased our MDX out of state to get a better deal and enjoyed trying out the navigation and DVD in a new city and on a long trip. The navigation was wonderful and helped us get around the city with ease. Also, the restaurant locator was excellent. The rest stop finder is nice too. If you travel, the navigation feature is a must-have! The DVD is nice too. Very solid in the ceiling and doesn't block the driver's rear view as much as some other models. The ride quality is excellent. The seats are comfortable and it has good room in the 2nd row. We have two carseats in the back seat and I can still sit very comfortably between the two seats.

Navi, DVD, mem. seats, price...even at sticker, it is worth every penny. Compared to other luxury SUVs, this one is a steal even at sticker price. We traveled to a large market and got a great deal. You can find a dealer who will come down if you are willing to drive.

The gas mileage isn't as high as they state on the sticker. We drove highway for the entire tank of gas and only received 20 mpg. It is considerably better than many SUVs, but not the 23 that they claim. Also, the vehicle does require at least 91 octane.