Used 2004 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

MDX Delivers
By Holly Morey

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2004 Acura MDX offers more style, safety and performance standards than the competition (BMW and Lexus). We absolutely enjoy this SUV whether taking it off road or on weekend trips to Home Depot. There simply isn't a better SUV on the market under $45k.

Favorite Features

50/50 split third row and 60/40 second row make hauling bikes and other gear easy.

Great MDX
By yzheng

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i love my mdx

Favorite Features

easy handling

Suggested Improvements

everything is great except mileage

The BEST experience!!!
By The Donahue Family

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased our 04 MDX we love it!!! The best vehicle purchase EVER!! Thanks to Dave Miner and team at Elk Grove Acura in California for a hassle-free experience.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, smooth transition between gears, ample interior space.

Suggested Improvements

None.

#1 SUV on the road!
By A. Montano

The MDX is the best SUV out on the market. I am a proud mom who went from a Honda (a great car) to the Acura MDX. It's not only reliable, nice looking but the best SUV on the road not only for moms but for anyone interested in an SUV. I have test driven other SUV's and the MDX is the perfect size. It's not too big and not too small. Plus it is considered one of the safest SUV's out there. It can't get any better than that.

Favorite Features

If your going to buy the MDX you might as well step up and purchase the tour pkg w/nav and DVD, especially if you have kids. It has been wonderful on long trips. My daughter actually enjoys it when we go for a ride. I love my car. It suits my family just perfect.

Suggested Improvements

I love my MDX. This is my second one since 2002. The only thing I would change is the cup holders need to be designed to hold larger drinks. You are very limited to what it can hold as far as size. The other improvement would be to have AC vents in the 3rd row seats. Thankyou.

Owner/Driver
By Marvin

My biggest problem with the car is that I have to change the oil every 5,000 miles. My dealer could wear a Maytag uniform for all the business I give him.

Suggested Improvements

Daytime running lights, louder response from the turning signal when it is on, online updates for the GPS system when it is in use, total trip time, including time for stops on the travel/ac screen (at present it only records actual driving time)