2004 Acura MDX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2004 MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Sort Reviews by

Great SUV
By Bob A

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Rides as good as my Lincoln.

Favorite Features

Navagation system and CD player

Suggested Improvements

None

we love this car
By mamardo

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have just purchased this vehicle, but love the way it rides, looks and reacts to your every move. The interior is very luxious and comfortable and has so many wonderful features. It is great to travel with children or dogs as each seat has comfort and spacious. I would reccomned it highly!

Favorite Features

seats, navigation system(voice activated) hands free phone system with great speakers, auto windshield wiper, auto lights, comfort, reverse camera (able to see anything behind

Suggested Improvements

none yet

I love my Acura MDX
By Kadepp

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE MY CAR! I drive 1.5 hours to work and again back home -- at the end of the day I am disappointed when it is time to pull into the garage because the ride has been so great and I am not dog tired from sitting in the driver's seat until 7 pm.

Favorite Features

Trip computer for keeping track of mpg and actual miles driven for tax returns.

Suggested Improvements

Re-position angle for heat/ac readout - light hits screen and it is impossible to read the numbers at certain times of the day.

I looked for safety and comfort
By bengt

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Safety was the pime component as I shopped for a new SUV. The MDX has the safety features I was looking for. I was also looking for comfort, style and a navigation system. I looked at other brands, but the MDX was the one which met my needs. Other luxury brands in this size car didn't offer the third seat; they also had smaller cargo areas. The navigation system is a fantastic addition; the rear camera used when the car is in reverse, is also a great feature. I love the car!

Favorite Features

The great features are the air bags and air curtains, the navigation system and the back-up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Purely cosmetic -- I wish the rear air deflector were painted the same color as the car, instead of being black. It would be more classy...

Great Car
By rtcxyz

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely well designed. Excellent build quality. Classy and functional interior. Accelerates and corners beautifully, rides great. We evaluated the Lexus RX330, BMW X5, Volvo XC90 but the MDX was the clear choice. Only bad news is due to high demand/quality, the dealers aren't willing to negotiate from MSRP. At least they are no longer adding a premium over MSRP.

Favorite Features

Comfortable/Heated front seats

Suggested Improvements

Does it really need off road capabilities? I doubt we'll ever take this prize vehicle off-road

Simply awesome.....
By Rizwan Malik

I bought MDX yesterday and it is simply awesome with tons of safety features, state of the art gadgets and a silky smooth engine. Plenty of room and an axcellent DVD and Navigation system. I feel this SUV is much better than the lexus GX470, BMW X5, VW Touareg and Mercedes ML, as I test drove all of them in one day and Acura was the winner...well done Acura!

Favorite Features

DVD Navigation, Rear view camera, voice recognition, seats, build quality and ride

Suggested Improvements

Controls on the steering wheel should be backlit and Xenon lights should be added as an option

The interior should be higher qlty.
By nll

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed owning and driving this car. It's a great vehicle. My disappointments are in the suggested improvements section. Paying sticker was painful. The gas mileage could be better. I get 17/mpg. Defrost gives off a musty smell in summer.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, turning radius and handling are excellent. Great leather and stereo. 4 way automatic seats are great. Clear views from every where. Sunroof is great-get the plastic shield to keep sound down.

Suggested Improvements

Put stereo on/off, seek/search on steering wheel. Use higher qlty interior plastic. Give free car washes at anytime. More leg room in back. Higher qlty wipers. Automatic lock when car turned on and unlock when turned off.

2004 Acura MDX review
By david94134

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent SUV and best in its class.

Favorite Features

Lots of power and safety features.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room for 3rd row.

2004 MDX - Love it
By MDX04

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Only problem was noise from the nash after 100 miles. Dealer found problem and fixed it right away. Great ride, feels like a car. Fuel economy is less than with a car, but that is expected when purchasing an SUV.

Favorite Features

Cargo space, car-like ride, Visability

Suggested Improvements

Full leather seats,

Acura MDX Base Model
By Walter_NH

2004 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a Jeep Grand Cherokee for 9 years. After looking at the flexability, performance, winter driving and reliability of Lexus, BMW, Volvo, Infinity, Nisson, VW,Toyota and Acura; there was really only one choice - the ACURA MDX. A test drove all the SUV's and read information for two months before making the final pick. I paid $36,500 ($400 under invoice). It was the base model. For an extra $4,000 to $6,000 I could have got some nice extras (NAV, DVD, Sound system, etc.) but decided the base model was a great deal. We just had our first big snow storm in New England 15" to 30" and the MDX was perfect, I mean just great in the snow and sleet !

Favorite Features

Heated Seats traction interior size and seating

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage (currently 17-18)