2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great SUV
By Bob A on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Rides as good as my Lincoln.

Fantastic!
By quicksale on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With the NAV System, the Acura MDX is incredible. A Great SUV!

we love this car
By mamardo on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have just purchased this vehicle, but love the way it rides, looks and reacts to your every move. The interior is very luxious and comfortable and has so many wonderful features. It is great to travel with children or dogs as each seat has comfort and spacious. I would reccomned it highly!

I looked for safety and comfort
By bengt on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Safety was the pime component as I shopped for a new SUV. The MDX has the safety features I was looking for. I was also looking for comfort, style and a navigation system. I looked at other brands, but the MDX was the one which met my needs. Other luxury brands in this size car didn't offer the third seat; they also had smaller cargo areas. The navigation system is a fantastic addition; the rear camera used when the car is in reverse, is also a great feature. I love the car!

Great Car
By rtcxyz on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely well designed. Excellent build quality. Classy and functional interior. Accelerates and corners beautifully, rides great. We evaluated the Lexus RX330, BMW X5, Volvo XC90 but the MDX was the clear choice. Only bad news is due to high demand/quality, the dealers aren't willing to negotiate from MSRP. At least they are no longer adding a premium over MSRP.

Simply awesome.....
By Rizwan Malik on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I bought MDX yesterday and it is simply awesome with tons of safety features, state of the art gadgets and a silky smooth engine. Plenty of room and an axcellent DVD and Navigation system. I feel this SUV is much better than the lexus GX470, BMW X5, VW Touareg and Mercedes ML, as I test drove all of them in one day and Acura was the winner...well done Acura!

The interior should be higher qlty.
By nll on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed owning and driving this car. It's a great vehicle. My disappointments are in the suggested improvements section. Paying sticker was painful. The gas mileage could be better. I get 17/mpg. Defrost gives off a musty smell in summer.

2004 Acura MDX review
By david94134 on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent SUV and best in its class.

2004 MDX - Love it
By MDX04 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Only problem was noise from the nash after 100 miles. Dealer found problem and fixed it right away. Great ride, feels like a car. Fuel economy is less than with a car, but that is expected when purchasing an SUV.

Acura MDX Base Model
By Walter_NH on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a Jeep Grand Cherokee for 9 years. After looking at the flexability, performance, winter driving and reliability of Lexus, BMW, Volvo, Infinity, Nisson, VW,Toyota and Acura; there was really only one choice - the ACURA MDX. A test drove all the SUV's and read information for two months before making the final pick. I paid $36,500 ($400 under invoice). It was the base model. For an extra $4,000 to $6,000 I could have got some nice extras (NAV, DVD, Sound system, etc.) but decided the base model was a great deal. We just had our first big snow storm in New England 15" to 30" and the MDX was perfect, I mean just great in the snow and sleet !