Used 2004 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Fix those brakes!
By Bill San Diego

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love this car! Great flexibilty with the seats in the back and we don't have to worry about fitting into parking spaces like Yukon owners. Great engine and the sound system is great! The only complaint is the damn clicking in the brakes..what is the deal with that?!?! We didn't want to pay what U.S. dealers were charging so we bought it for less including shipping to our house in San Diego by buying it from a Canadian dealership. NO PROBLEMS and we get the daytime running lights.

Favorite Features

Get the trunk tray to cover the third row seats...great for kids because you are always throwing stuff back there. With the tray you don't have to worry about messing up the carpet.

Suggested Improvements

FIX THOSE BRAKE NOISES!!

Happy, so far.
By robmac

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, nav system is incredible (but slightly out-dated restaurant locations), Bose sound system is good, great acceleration (but feels slow), slight wind noise (but 200% better than my Integra), simple instrumentation, slightly wider than I would have liked (77"W is from door to door, not including mirrors), rear camera is awesome, smooth ride. What else can I say....so far, I really like it. I waited until the last day of June to buy. On the last day of the month, all Acura dealers dropped their prices to at least $500 over invoice. I paid invoice price, plus they threw-in a decor package.

Favorite Features

Nav system and rear back-up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce wind noise. Update nav disk more frequently because resaurants are slightly out-dated.

AWESOME SUV (except for the locks)
By Jevan

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Everything is the best with this suv, except for its door lock switch- it cheapens the vehicle a little.

Love my Red Rock MDX
By cheri loyd

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Only complaint? It's difficult to thoroughly clean front seat interior area around the "cracks"-near gear shift,cup holder and door panels. I am very pleased with gas mileage-I have gotten over 23MPG on the highway twice. Probably would have been 25 if I had kept it down to 55. LOVE MY ACURA!

Favorite Features

Drivers seat-especially the heated option. Sun roof, quiet-very comfortable everyday or LONG trips

Suggested Improvements

Fix those small crevices-silcone the areas so small crumbs/salt/liquid can't get into there. Too hard to clean properly. Do something so the front seatbelts dont BANG (and damage) the side panel!

My MDX
By olie

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely the best I have bought. I was originally going to purchase a BMW X5 but changed after driving the MDX. It has more features and creature comforts at no extra charge. I also was impressed with its handling ability at higher speeds.

Favorite Features

Interior desing and color combination. Exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise reduction