2004 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Nice Vehicle
By tfmeisen on 09/29/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I decided that I wanted a luxury SUV. I drove several different types and I believe that the Acura MDX is one of the best vehicles for your money on the market today. It has the size, and space of an SUV, but rides like a luxury car. The interior is plush and the features are great and easy to use. I had every option except for the navigation and DVD player. It had plenty of power and still got good gas mileage, on a long trip I could get over 22 mpg which is incredible considering the size. The only problems I had: the cruise control broke, and I somehow broke the front motor mount and it was expensive. The other downside is the vehicle has to be serviced by Acura for most things.

Reliable and Comfortable
By Jon R on 07/19/09 13:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 19K mi in 10/2005. I now have 56K mi. The car is extremely reliable and very comfortable. It handles nicely and it is no surprise that you still see so many late MDX's still on the road and still in great shape. For all of the features that you get on this car, it really is a great value. The cars are not cheap, but you get a lot of standard options in these cars that would drive the price up on other comparable models from other brands. Also, the car doesn't seem very big, but my wife and I are amazed at how much room you have inside. They did a great job using the space. It is a great family car and would consider getting a new one.

Honda is Plastically Challanged!
By Ken on 03/12/09 16:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pretty nice overall, aside from the front air vent falling off in my hand and the rear speaker covers can be easily pried off without tools. The whole interior is bland and it drives like the Queen Mary II.

Great Car in ALMOST every way
By Richard S7 on 05/29/08 03:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my second Acura MDX that has gone over 100,000 miles. I absolutely love this vehicle. It has been virtually trouble free. No matter where I go and rent cars or SUVs, it always feels great getting back to my MDX. The only complaint is that it gets only 17 MPG overall. That used to be okay -- but now with gas over $4.00 a gallon, it gets expensive. BUT, since it's so darn reliable, I am not putting any money into it for repair so it works out.

Excellent car to own and drive
By Midlifemom on 10/07/07 17:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive 40K a year. Perfect vehicle. Decent mileage (20.5 on highway). Will not tip like Sequoia, 4Runner. Excellent in rain, snow. Excellent sound. Very perfect vision all around for driving safety. Good in curves, swerving. Mirrors great, melt snow. Tows my boat great, out of steep ramps. Windshield banked so no chips from rocks. Fog lights catch deer on dark highway at night for you, safer. Passes fine. Pick up fine. Looks pretty. Never, never, never screws up. Have never had to have it fixed. I have 113,000 miles. Very fine car, recommend it. Others I have had are Yukon, Sequoia, Mercedes, Volvo.

3 Years Going Strong
By Carmine L on 09/28/07 03:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this MDX for three years and it is still a great car. Dealership took care of a couple of glitches without fanfare. Giving this one to one of our kids and just ordered a 2008 MDX w/tech package.

Bland
By Thomas O'malley on 12/01/06 12:05 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I travel a lot and rent every kind of SUV to use for business around this country for work. When I get home I really appreciate everything about the MDX except the mileage. It stinks. I get 14 mpg consistently (no matter how I try to feather it) around town, but on the highway I easily get 22-24 mpg. It is quick compared to all SUVs I have driven. Plenty of room for 3 in the backseat (2 carseats and me).

Pretty nice I'd say
By AM4TA on 11/17/06 14:51 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My mom just bought this car for herself a little while ago and it came with the GPS system which is the best feature out of all in my opinion, especially for the out of town trips. It drives pretty decent but will not make you bounce back in your seat. The driver's seat however needs to get fixed because the back of the seat isn't straight, it's at an angle which causes my back to slide down toward the right side all the time and I can't position myself straight. Also the right exhaust pipe is hanging a little lower than the left one but that shouldn't be a problem. Other than that the car is pretty nice. Not a standout but not a car that people will hate either.

dew outlook
By don on 08/25/06 10:15 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had a noise in rear wheel bearings or Whatever? since new nothing has happened just noisy. Dealer is great changed wheel bearing no charge twice. Once in peoria and last time in naperville. Its ok for a while then the noise is back. I probably will change to another SUV because of this noise. The Acura is excellant with this exception. don

Paul's Acura MDX Driving impressions
By Paul on 07/08/06 16:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2004 Acura MDX Touring with Entertainment system has been one of the best vehicles I've owned in any class and absolutely the best SUV to date. Comfort, reliability, ergonomics and a lot better than average SUV handling hi-light its many features.