2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Affordable luxury SUV
By Joe C. on 04/23/10 13:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driven over 112k in less than 6 years. No mechanical problems. Drives very smooth and still handles/feels like a new vehicle after so long. Some cosmetic problems here and there. Sales person pressured to buy extended warranty, but it is waste of money. Overall a reliable and affordable luxury SUV.

185,000 Miles and still going strong!
By jms112997 on 02/08/10 09:48 AM (PST)

I've owned just about everything, this is the best vehicle I have owned. I still get about 19mpg mixed approaching 200k miles. Ordered it new, all options. Followed all major services thus far. There are not many vehicles out there that can go 2 car seats and a booster wide, have great cargo capacity, handles like a sedan, AWD (fantastic in the Michigan snow), and get great gas mileage, oh and the reliability: I've replaced one light bulb, one tail lightbulb and thats it. It has been in 3 different small accidents and just keeps going. Highly recommend anything honda/acura.

Great
By sro100 on 01/05/05 22:44 PM (PST)

We love the MDX. Highly recommended.

Love this vehicle, it fits my busy life
By kelshine on 11/07/04 14:35 PM (PST)

Great SUV! Fun to drive, love the flexibilty it offers from carrying 7 people to schlepping bicycles in the rear, to hauling a boxed full size washer in the back. Very easy to lay down seats to gain full access to cargo area. The DVD was great on vacation with the girls, not once did we hear, "Are we there yet??" I love the back up camera, very helpful when small children are around to make sure is is safe to back up. Love the 77 inch width on SUV, I feel very safe, even when windy on highways not getting blown over! Only complaint, I have had 3 dead mice inside my blower in 4 months! Have had to take to dealership to have them removed. This makes our 4th Honda vehicle since 1986.

still great
By stewiel on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Had a 2002 MDX and it was hit by truck while I was in it. Frame and car held up with a 35 mph hit to pasenger side. Walked away, without a problem. So, I naturally bought another. This one's even better. You can't find a better SUV. I've had Ford, Jeep...can't come close to this.

Very solid
By alg863 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Extremely solid, well-built, fun to drive SUV. Feels like a car. Memory seats work well given my wife and I both drive it. Very good road trip vehicle with kids.

MDX
By LV2LEND on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love my MDX!! This is my 3rd Acura and I love everything about this car. before purchasing this model, my husband was pushing for the Lexus GX. This car has so many wonderful features, that the Lexus couldn't compete and the price was right!!

MDX is Great!!!!!!
By Mommys Ride on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

My MDX is great! I upgraded from an Acura TL which was also fabulous. The only complaint I have with this vehicle is the braking system. The brakes always seem worn out. I have had them adjusted and tightened several times but still no better. I was told by Acura that this is an ongoing problem for this vehicle and that they are aware of it and trying to come up with a solution. (They dont tell you this at the dealership when shopping for a vehicle) Besides that I love the car. Gas mileage could be a little better only getting 22 highway 16 city. Definately a good buy for the money. Will never switch from Acura!

look out for the brakes
By nema on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The brakes in this car have been a constant problem, thay all make grinding noise after a rain they build up rust if the car is not used in 12 hours (they say this is normal)I have a friend in PA with the same car and the same problem. Brakes have been worked on 3 times, after 2 years the car shows its age in other areas as well. This is my 2nd Acura and will be the last.

IMPARTIAL
By RPGLIDER on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

EXCELLENT AND USER FRIENDLY NAVIGATIONAL SYTEM I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS RATED BELLOW AVERAGE OFF-ROAD WHEN I HAVE PUT THIS SUV THROUGH THE RINGER ON MOUNTAIN TERRANE UP AND DOWN WITH SNOW ICE AND MUD WITHOUT EVER A PROBLEM! I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER IT BOTHERS ME TO SEE OTHER LESS CAPABLE SUV'S MAKE THE 13 BEST LIST HAVING RENTED AND DRIVEN THEM UNDER THE SAME CONDITIONS AND KNOWING THAT THEY DON'T HOLD A CANCLE TO THIS VEHICLE! WHY IS IT THAT THIS BRAND DOESNT GET ANY RESPECT EXCEPT FROM THE ACTUAL OWNERS?