2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
A great SUV
By lgq2001 on 09/10/14 15:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got it at 160k. It ran and drove very well. Now it has 190k. No any problems and still runs like new. I really like it.

I really enjoy it
By lgq2001 on 09/09/14 09:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Get it from a small dealer with 165k mile on it. It runs and drives always great with such a high mile. Now, it has about 190k, no any problems. really like it. The best SUV on the road.

Great car but some repairs required
By Alex on 06/07/10 12:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this is a great car, got it back in 2004 brand new, traded up from the Maxima, MDX handles excellently in bad weather, awesome traction. Great room in the back for the kids. I have 90,000 and it started requiring maintenance, so far replaced 2 engine mounts and will be replacing the 3rd one very soon along with the inner tie rod, the rear shocks had to be replaced at 30k. Funny enough I don't do any off road driving or towing, just regular city commute. We'll still keep the car for another 10k and probably trade it for something else.

Don't buy
By Steve Jones on 09/03/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. In the last 5 months, I have spent over a $1000 on the transmission (torque converter and another switch) and another $700 on the power steering (a loud whine). Both of these problems have numerous complaints against them, but Acura won't do anything since it's not under warranty. There are service bulletins out for these issues, but Acura won't do anything until forced to by a recall.

I'd buy another X
By kevman1 on 01/25/07 11:24 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the perfect vehicle for me because: 1. I drive 45 miles to work, so the 25 mpg I get (driving gently) is great. 2. I can fit anything I need to inside, since it can accommodate boards/items 4' wide. 3. I love the way it looks. 4. It was cheaper than all the other SUVs I was looking at. 5. I've had NO major issues with it for 78k miles. 6. I can perform my own maintenance (all 4 fluid changes).

Great SUV
By snaser on 05/20/06 09:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Accura MDX is a great SUV for the family & fun to drive alone. It is the perfect size & height...not too big. The lines are sexy and sleek, I love the heated seats (which I use all year round). It is comfortable and dependable.

Perfect, but no Hybrid
By TJP on 06/16/05 14:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We're had our Premium model for almost a year, and we've thoroughly enjoyed it to date. No problems, as you'd expect from a Honda product, excellent comfort and room, and decent power. Fuel economy never has been above 19 mpg, however, despite highway only jaunts. Admittedly, these have been at high speeds (75-80 mph), at which drag would be substantial for a vehicle this size. If we wanted maximum fuel economy, we'd have gotten a Jetta diesel with a trailer for our stuff. For our needs, the MDX has been perfect

Great Car
By billwsps on 12/28/04 17:52 PM (PST)

Great Car all around

I LOVE this car!
By LoopyL10 on 11/16/04 01:30 AM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a Ford Explorer for 6 years, I think I died and went to heaven once we purchased the MDX! A smooth, comfortable ride, good gas mileage for its size and plenty of room. Great power, a fun car to drive and own. I highly recommend over the Volvo, you won't regret this purchase! If you are considering the Pilot try spurging on the MDX; a much more luxurious, better riding SUV.

My First Luxury SUV
By myfirstacura on 11/07/04 21:56 PM (PST)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We recently traded in our 2003 Suzuki XL7 Limited for a brand-new 2004 MDX Premium package since it was closeout to make room for 05s. What can I say - I absolutely love this car! The seats are awesome and there is very little body roll. The interior design and materials quality is much better than the SRX and is almost as good as the RX330. Overall, we are getting about 16-17 MPG in the city right now.