2003 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Would buy it again if not for

2003 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Would buy it again if not for transmission issues
By texan100 on

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got CPO MDX after lot of research and consumerReports guide which rated MDX as the BEST suv. I did drive for 5 years and was very happy with my car. I never had major issues and never paid any money from my pocket as it was all under warranty. They did find problem with engine mounts, battery and some tubes that needed cleaning which was all taken care by Acura warranty. I did regular maintenance. Dealer did charge me 600 or so for 60k mile service. Last year I did find that car was not going smooth. It was driving rough sometimes and smooth other times. I also read about transmission issues when it hits 100k. Since mine hit 92k I sold it.

Loved the space, comfort and ride. It looked stylish and had lot of trunk space! Third row was OK for kids but I never allowed them to sit there as its in crumple zone and i am not sure if its safe if there is a side swipe.

Acura must fix it's transmission issues and make Navigation, rear back up camera Standard in all models. It is strange that when they market their car as premium brand, many mdx's are sold without navigation or rear entertainment systems.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review