2003 Acura MDX 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Nav and Entertainment System Consumer Review - Wish it would last forever!

2003 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Wish it would last forever!
By Mom Driver on

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love my MDX and have had no major problems. My brake pads have been replaced several times, common for heavy SUVs. Vent knob spontaneously broke when I touched it a few months ago--sounds like this happens often with MDXs. Plastic trim on driver's seat has come off--also common. So far drive train and transmission work fine, but at 65K, I wonder how long that will last. Don't like style of new MDX as much! Too flashy! Want to keep this one as long as possible.

Favorite Features

Much better ride than the Land Cruiser I had before. Carlike, responsive. GREAT on a long car trip. Kids love it. Navi is solid, but I need the new map DVD which is ~ $100!

Suggested Improvements

Despise the AC controls--no knob to adjust air flow. Must go into touch screen. SUPERannoying. This has been fixed on newer models. Voice-controlled commands=never used gimmick. DVD also not used much now that kids are older.