2003 Acura MDX 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - The problems are starting

2003 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

The problems are starting
By GitaS on

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my MDX brand new 4 years ago. Has the most amazing and easy to use navigation system. Reliable drive. Has every feature you could need. Have had some problems though. From the start, I have had problems with starting my car (I live in sunny So. Cal). Battery has been changed twice but still doesn't always fire on the first or even second try. Now as I near 100,000 miles, things are beginning to fall apart. All the features on my steering wheel don't work (including airbag, horn, volume control, cruise cntrl). Passenger seat warmer is kaput. Vent control plastic knob fell off. SVA (or something) sensor failed. The repairs are now getting expensive. Was hoping to drive this for another 100K.

Favorite Features

Navig system rocks - so user friendly, best I have encountered. I love the size - not too big (but third row for little people only).

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas mileage. Improve electrical - too many things are beginning to fail.