2003 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Proud Owner

2003 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Proud Owner
By Timbo on

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle new after owning a dodge durango for 5 years. I knew that my dodge had poor gas mileage and poor reliability, but I did not know what else I was missing. The MDX might only have a V6, but I have never been disappointed with the power or acceleration. I also bought the optional towing package and I occasionally tow a 10' utility trailer with no problems. I also enjoy woodworking and being able to get a sheet of plywood in the back is handy (though it is a bit tight). This is the first time I have owned a vehicle and not wanted to sell it to buy something new or better.

Ample horsepower coupled with good fuel efficiency. Comfortable ride, good climate control and sound system. Excellent handling for an SUV. The automatic downward tilting sideview mirrors when in reverse are extremely handy.

I have found that I never use the third row of seats and I leave them stowed 99% of the time. There just isnt enough cargo space behind the third row to leave them up. If you need a third row of seats, go for something bigger than the MDX.