2003 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Nice ride, poor quality compon

2003 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Nice ride, poor quality components
By CalJuls on

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased our MDX with 41K on it and performance was good for about a year. The room inside is great except the third row - tight fit - the ride is nice. Serious quality issues with interior components and auto seats. Driver regulator bolt snapped in half - cost to repl 1,500 - the finger controls for air vents snapped off - 275.00 ea to repl the vent modules - can't just repl the finger control pieces that snap off. I went to Acura based on their reputation and being a past loyal Honda driver - I am disappointed - hv 97K miles now and getting 18 mpg - all sched main service has been followed. Being told to consider trade in by my dealer 'cause my next regular sched main will be costly - 2K.

Good head room (husband is 6'1) and good leg room for front and second row passengers, nice ride - not too noisy or bumpy. Lots of cargo space with third row down for long road trips. Seat and mirror warmers. Sun roof.

Improve the quality of the interior components and auto seat controls. User friendly wireless DVD head phones.