2003 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Great car, poor fuel efficienc

2003 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Great car, poor fuel efficiency but ...
By Ivan on

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All in all, a great car. I am happy with my purchase. There's a 3rd row of seats which neatly folds down invisibly which is why I bought it. There are a lot of automatic extras like auto headlights and wipers and rear-view mirrors that dip when reversing that make owning this car a real joy. The MDX is also deceptively spacious and sits tall however handles well. Performance is not an issue either but fuel economy kind of is. At an average 13 MPG in the city, you'd think you were driving a GM. Aside from fuel efficiency (or lack thereof), this is a great family vehicle that looks great even sans-family. The 3rd row is invisible when not in use and it's a Honda so you know it's reliable.

Favorite Features

3rd row seating. Passenger-side mirror dip "in reverse". Automatic headlights. Automatic wipers. Fog lights.

Suggested Improvements

For me, the big issue is the fuel efficiency. Another potential issue is the 3rd row seating. It's designed for kids only as you'd have to literally climb in to get to it. Better access is much needed.