2003 Acura MDX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2003 MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Sort Reviews by

By Bob Barker

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Its EXELLECENT

Favorite Features

The DVD System

Suggested Improvements

Doors Lock When The Car is Put Into Gear Lighting On Steering Wheel Control Location For Sun Roof Day time running lights

Love My MDX
By Jeaco

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is great, the interior is luxurious. This is a wonderful car to take on trips. It is not too large. Is a pleasure to drive and I love the interior space. I had a small car prior to this and was very surprised at how comfortable I am driving this one, yet it seats 7.

Favorite Features

Love the Navagation, the radio controls on steering, the comfortable seats and the 3rd row.

Suggested Improvements

Things are constantly getting stuck betwenn the front seats and center console and you can't get them. It is frusterating.

Value,with Honda Reliability
By John Langstaff

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Anybody researching SUVs in this price range would be wise to consider the MDX. Great build quality, quiet and smooth with good acceleration. Entetainment system is a huge hit- a must for anyone with kids or who likes to travel. The BMW, VW, Lexus and Volvo are great SUVs, but with the expected Honda reliability, the MDX is the choice which provides the most value.

Favorite Features

Build quality, acceleration and handling, entertainment system, flexible seating arrangements and cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Auto lock doors, less touchy ABS brakes

Acura MDX 2003
By George 20

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive alot in rural areas. I feel safe with this vehichle. I did buy a grille guard to give more protection from unexpected deer strikes. I like the shorter turning radius compared to our Lexus RX 300. The wind noise is too high. It tows well. Very roomy with the seats down. Overall very pleased and plan to keep over 2 years.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfortable seats, safety features, pick up and sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Less wind noise, real wood trim

Awsome MDX
By BETTY

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I GOT MY FIRST TASTE OF THE MDX IN 2000. I WAS ON A WAITING LIST. IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT. I LIKE IT SO MUCH THREE YEARS LATER I GOT ANOTHER ONE. I RECOMMEND THIS SUV TO ANYONE.

Favorite Features

MY FAVORITE FEATURE IS THE ENTERTAIMENT SYSTEM. I HAVE 2 CHILDREN AND WE OFTEN GO TO DISNEY (ITS A 4 HOUR DRIVE!!!) AND ITS VERY RELAXING TO BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO A CD AND HAVE THE CHILDREN WATCH A DVD'S AT THE SAME TIME.

Suggested Improvements

THE ONLY IMPROVEMENT THAT I THINK THE SUV NEEDS IS REGARDING THE REAR A/C CONTROL. I BELEIVE THAT THE REAR PASSENGER SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO TURN IT ON.

2nd MDX - My thoughts
By Rolly

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice solid ride. Good visbility, but had to add the sonar back-up warning signals to go with the camera. Camera is kind of useless. They should let you hit a button and activate it while its going forward. Totally carlike until you back up.

Favorite Features

Navigation system is second to none..............interesting features on the entertainment system in back seat.very well thought out.

Suggested Improvements

They still can't get it right. The directional signals can't be heard and in the limited steering wheel positioning cannot be seen. If you smoke and it's raining. water pours in the window off the roof. Complicated by the wiper adding more to the flow.

Best bang for luxury-SUV-buying buck!
By VP

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Compared to Volvo XC90 AWD T6, BMW X5 (3.0), the Acura MDX clearly outshines them. For less than $37K you get a loaded luxury SUV with better performance and reliability. The BMW and Volvo serve the brand image buyers who have more dollars than sense. Acura is for the smart buyers who want the most for their money.

Favorite Features

260 horsepower with a 5 speed automatic tranmition, roominess, standard features at no additional cost

Suggested Improvements

thicker tires and sportier wheels for a more rugged/cool look, more sophisticated tech stuff on dash, free maintenance, more HP to compete with Infinitti FX45, Bi-Xenon lamps, cargo net.

Smokin
By castle

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ratings that the website gave this vehicle is a travesty. This vehicle is a 10. It is quick, handles like a sports car, and is extremely reliable. The comfort not only matches the performance but exceeds it. It has a 265hp motor that is very quick and will not let you down when driving through the mountains. The MDX gets 21.5 miles to the gallon in city driving. Though this vehicle is not the most visually stimulating (looks real good with running boards and galvonized panels), I live in Colorado and know how well it does on ice and in the mountains. Word of warning to those that race against MDX's, its quick so watch out.

Favorite Features

Quick, handles like a sports car comfortable, very well built vehicle.

MDX 2003
By AGBew

Best thing is the handling and when I first encounter rain the windsheild wipes went on automatically...blew me away. What a comfortable SUV...much better than my previous Durango. My daughter loves the DVD.

Favorite Features

Auto window wipers and NAVI System

Suggested Improvements

None

I LOVE my Acura MDX
By Sandy Haulk

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I searched for several months for the PERFECT SUV. We had previously owned and Exployer and and expedition. We researched SUV's online and visited a local dealership to test drive the ones we liked. The Acura MDX beat all the others hands down. The statement that the MDX is "rather bland" is surprising because I NEVER fail to get a compliment on my vehicle wherever I drive.

Favorite Features

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE MDX!

Suggested Improvements

PERFECT THE WAY IT IS!