2003 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
By Bob Barker on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Its EXELLECENT

Love My MDX
By Jeaco on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is great, the interior is luxurious. This is a wonderful car to take on trips. It is not too large. Is a pleasure to drive and I love the interior space. I had a small car prior to this and was very surprised at how comfortable I am driving this one, yet it seats 7.

Value,with Honda Reliability
By John Langstaff on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Anybody researching SUVs in this price range would be wise to consider the MDX. Great build quality, quiet and smooth with good acceleration. Entetainment system is a huge hit- a must for anyone with kids or who likes to travel. The BMW, VW, Lexus and Volvo are great SUVs, but with the expected Honda reliability, the MDX is the choice which provides the most value.

Acura MDX 2003
By George 20 on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive alot in rural areas. I feel safe with this vehichle. I did buy a grille guard to give more protection from unexpected deer strikes. I like the shorter turning radius compared to our Lexus RX 300. The wind noise is too high. It tows well. Very roomy with the seats down. Overall very pleased and plan to keep over 2 years.

Awsome MDX
By BETTY on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I GOT MY FIRST TASTE OF THE MDX IN 2000. I WAS ON A WAITING LIST. IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT. I LIKE IT SO MUCH THREE YEARS LATER I GOT ANOTHER ONE. I RECOMMEND THIS SUV TO ANYONE.

2nd MDX - My thoughts
By Rolly on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice solid ride. Good visbility, but had to add the sonar back-up warning signals to go with the camera. Camera is kind of useless. They should let you hit a button and activate it while its going forward. Totally carlike until you back up.

Best bang for luxury-SUV-buying buck!
By VP on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Compared to Volvo XC90 AWD T6, BMW X5 (3.0), the Acura MDX clearly outshines them. For less than $37K you get a loaded luxury SUV with better performance and reliability. The BMW and Volvo serve the brand image buyers who have more dollars than sense. Acura is for the smart buyers who want the most for their money.

Smokin
By castle on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ratings that the website gave this vehicle is a travesty. This vehicle is a 10. It is quick, handles like a sports car, and is extremely reliable. The comfort not only matches the performance but exceeds it. It has a 265hp motor that is very quick and will not let you down when driving through the mountains. The MDX gets 21.5 miles to the gallon in city driving. Though this vehicle is not the most visually stimulating (looks real good with running boards and galvonized panels), I live in Colorado and know how well it does on ice and in the mountains. Word of warning to those that race against MDX's, its quick so watch out.

MDX 2003
By AGBew on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best thing is the handling and when I first encounter rain the windsheild wipes went on automatically...blew me away. What a comfortable SUV...much better than my previous Durango. My daughter loves the DVD.

I LOVE my Acura MDX
By Sandy Haulk on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I searched for several months for the PERFECT SUV. We had previously owned and Exployer and and expedition. We researched SUV's online and visited a local dealership to test drive the ones we liked. The Acura MDX beat all the others hands down. The statement that the MDX is "rather bland" is surprising because I NEVER fail to get a compliment on my vehicle wherever I drive.