2003 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Cool
By barg on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. We went to many places with this car. I would recommend.

Boy am I sorry I bought this lemon!
By MelMel on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There's alot to love about this car- wonderful ride, it's really comfortable, nimble, handles like a sports car & has TONS of space. I could quibble about little things like the faux wood trim or the miniscule cup holder, or that the heated seats can suddenly get REALLY hot but the real problem w/this car is that I had tons of problems in the first few months. The window up/down thingy has been replaced THREE times & still doesn't work. There's a rattling problem that took the service dept a couple of trips to fix & another rattling thing they CAN'T fix. All this on a relatively new car-wish I'd bought a Lexus or Infiniti!

REALTOR praises his MDX
By Marcel on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Tremendous quality! Former Jeep Grand Cherokee owner. I will never go back. Great traction, superb handling, no noises, best gps out there. Value packed with style.

Pleased, but engineering lags BMW
By Castanha on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Generally very pleased with my MDX after six months. It has met expectations. Excellent performance and handling for this class of vehicle. It does fall short on a number of fronts to my BMW540i. Significantly more engineering, refinement and execution in Bimmer sun roof, doors, heated seats, and auto wipers, for example. A lot less wind noise from open Bimmer sun roof, better controls, and cleaner less "industrial" look from interior when open, for example; BMW auto wipers that perform much more consistently than on Acura. Also, get some excessively wind noise (off roof rack, I think) at around 70 mph.

More Than Satisfied!
By Rhinoact on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Outstanding automobile! Extensively researched and test drove Acura, Lexas, BMW and Mercedes SUV's. Much to my surprise, the clear winner MDX. Have made numerous eight hour family trips in the MDX from our home in S. Calif. to our Lake Tahoe cabin. During these trips, the MDX has experienced temperatures of +115 F through the Mohave desert to -5 F in Lake Tahoe. Nothing seems to phase the MDX. We average 21 - 22 mpg on these trips and the ride is comfortable and quiet. The engine is powerful and has plenty of passing power when needed. My wife and I both agree that this is by far the best vehicle that we have ever owned.

Solid Car
By Jamesbuffalony on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the Last remaining 2003 model left on the lot for about $700 less than TMV. Car has been wonderful, great in the snow, great ride, wonderful interior quality, engine smooth, transmission pretty good, suspension excellent for an SUV. interior room great, rear seats ok, last row good for kids. mileage typical for an suv (poor). Accidentally closed the garage door on the roof. Acura service was top notch. Very honest professional and courteous. This car is A STEAL for the $$$. And you don't have to deal with the pretensiousness from the german dealers.

ccool
By okidoki4 on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very well built, solid vehicle, lots of cargo room

Donna's rating
By Donna Middleton on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There need to be improvements for better gas mileage. Also, the tires need to be improved for safety and over all performance.

Sluggo says
By sluggo on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded from my 2002 TL sport to the 2003 MDX touring package. I love the car so far and I am especially enjoying the AWD since this is my first snow storm, two weeks after getting the car talk about timing! I expect the quality and relaibility to be similar to the TL. I did purchase a floor model leftover from the dealer and one disapointment is that the handel to the gas release did already come off, but thats a minor repair. Love the sound of the Bose stero system and especially like the way it handels the potholes of NYC.

Good and Bad
By stop/handle on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car for my wife. Love the ride and seating, but what is with the step on the left hand drivers side floor?