Used 2003 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

80,000 Miles and Still a Great SUV
By Keith

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new in July 2003 for a young family of 5. Road trips, in town, on the beach, in the mountains, deep snow, icy roads, high elevations. It has performed great through all of it. Drove it on NC's beaches on the outer banks and went right past Toyotas stuck in the sand. We now live at 8600' elev. in the Rockies and drive up and down 3000' of elevation change daily, often on unplowed roads. This car is perfectly balanced and always stays in control. We have had no mechanical problems. Only issue has been the seat heater, which quit working a year ago (and very expensive to repair). If I had to do it over again, I definitely would!

All-wheel drive system and handling is the best on-road, foul-weather system you could hope for. Also love the rain-sensing windshield wipers.

Wish I had a heated windshield and daytime running lights.

Just an excellent vehicle!!!!
By Ron

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a great vehicle, never had any issues with normal maintenance in 65000 miles.

Nav, and the side mirrors that fold down when you back up.

They have already made it. A power tailgate.

The problems are starting
By GitaS

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my MDX brand new 4 years ago. Has the most amazing and easy to use navigation system. Reliable drive. Has every feature you could need. Have had some problems though. From the start, I have had problems with starting my car (I live in sunny So. Cal). Battery has been changed twice but still doesn't always fire on the first or even second try. Now as I near 100,000 miles, things are beginning to fall apart. All the features on my steering wheel don't work (including airbag, horn, volume control, cruise cntrl). Passenger seat warmer is kaput. Vent control plastic knob fell off. SVA (or something) sensor failed. The repairs are now getting expensive. Was hoping to drive this for another 100K.

Navig system rocks - so user friendly, best I have encountered. I love the size - not too big (but third row for little people only).

Improve the gas mileage. Improve electrical - too many things are beginning to fail.

Piece of junk falling apart
By gwen

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2003 MDX a few months ago, a mistake. It had only a little over 60000 miles and is very poorly built. The transmission has problems. The headliner was cut too short and is falling out in the back. The rear window washer is about to fall off. And the right door has a part loose inside that makes a lot of noise when you close it. I would not buy another Acura. This company used to turn out good cars. What happened?

Appearance.

Improve quality control and start building a good car again.

ACURA ROCKS!!!!!
By ACURA ROCKS

2003 Acura MDX SUV Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Acura MDX. If you have children and do a lot of traveling this is the perfect SUV for you. The MDX rides so smooth you barley realize you're moving.

Leather heated seats, back up mirror and nav

I have not one suggestion for improvement.